1.3 Mising Cops and Clues

Third Person POV

Belfry: Next Day: Morning

Jason and Tim were sitting at the table, eating breakfast, along with Alfred, who was a cup of tea with a splash of honey.

It was particularly silent, between the three, as Dick and Barbara were over at the Batcomputer, looking over Langstrom's file.

After a few seconds of silence, Tim decided to break it, in the best way he could.

"So, breaking into GCPD...That was pretty cool...even if it was morally subjective." He says and Jason lets out a laugh and even Alfred smiles.

"Eh, it probably was." Jason retorts and Tim nervously scratches his neck before asking "Back in the Evidence Room, not that it's a big deal but uh...what was that...thing you did?" He spits out and Jason's face goes blank, unreadable. Alfred raises an eyebrow and Tim has a "Oh no" expression

Fortunately, Jason speaks, taking in another spoonful of cereal.

"I...rather talk with Alfred about it." Jason deflects and Tim was about to say something but Alfred looks at him, placing a hand on his shoulder.

"Master Jason...whatever you can say to me, you can to Tim. Even Dick. They're your brothers." He assures and Jason smiles slightly before letting out a breath and he gets into an upright position.

"Okay. Here we go...when I was...brought back with the Lazarus Pit. It didn't just bring me back to life. It...changed me. Some days, I don't even feel human. I feel like something...unnatural." He explains as Alfred and Tim listen closely.

"There was one time, I was on a mission. With Roy, Kori and Rose. We were taking a operation run by Cobra. and we almost died...Kori was drined by some, anti-solar device they had. Roy was knocked out under some debris. And Rose was...she almost died. They had stabbed and shot her, several times in several different arteries...Not even she could've came back from that." He continues and the two shared a look of shock as Jason continued with his story.

"And you could say it was a rage, or whatever but something inside me just...snapped. It was all a blur, but I remember the anger, the brutality, the pain...I caused them. Once my "Lazarus Episode" ended...They were all dead. Every single one of them. Normally, I wouldn't lose sleep over guys like that but that time I did..." He says then rubs his eyes.

"Since then, I've tried my best to control my anger. Doing the breathing exercises Dr. Thompkins taught me. Training. Being with Rose, Roy, Kori. And...trying to...be part of the family again. Realizing what I did...it made me think about things." He finishes and Alfred moves closer to him.

"That must've been hard for you, Jason. Almost seeing your loved ones die, in front of you...and having your "episode" and I won't pretend to try and understand it. But if we can do anything to help...let us know. And we will." Alfred states and Jason smiles, nodding.

"Thanks, Alfred." He says and Tim speaks up.

"Me to. I'm here for you Jason." He assures reaching out for a fist bump to which Jason returns.

"Okay then, Drake." He says then Dick comes over, smirking and raising an eyebrow.

"Whoa, what I'd miss?" He jokes and Alfred chuckles.