Chapter 8

I turn my head and try to understand what is going on on the other side of the door, but I only manage to hear a few words. However, not enough for me to understand what they are talking about.​ But I don't have to wait long before the door opens and Taylor walks into the room again. She steps forward and kneels down in front of me. 

"Willow, I'm going to ask you something now, and I want you to think about it and answer honestly"

My heart starts beating faster and faster as she talks. What does she mean with that?

"I know this is a life changing choice you will be making, and I also want you to be aware of all its downsides. At the same time, I really think it could work, I really do. And I really understand if you say no but..."

She grabs my hands and looks deeply into my eyes "Would you like to come live with me?"I look at her uncomprehendingly. I don't know if it's all the meds they probably have given me or if I'm just stupid, but it's like my brain isn't taking in her words.

"Living? With you?" i ask and she nods. 

"Would you like that?"

Without thinking about it for a second I open my mouth to answer

"Yes" is the only thing I manage to say before i start bawling my eyes out. 

My vision is alla blurry with tears, but i'm pretty sure that Taylor is crying too. 

Surprising myself i quietly ask her; "Taylor, can i hug you?" I have never asked anyone to do anything for me. I have always been a helper, never the one to get helped. 

"Yes sweetie, of course you can!" she says and pulls me into a tight hug.

I can feel a sharp pain in my arm during the hug, but I choose to ignore it.  For gods sake i'm hugging the one and only Taylor Swift. And for the first time ever I'm going to have a real home. A place were I can be myself, be the one I really am. But mostly, a place were i can feel safe.

After a while, Taylor makes me sit back and rest, and just then a man with a black suit and a bunch of papers in his hands enter the room. I have never seen him before, but i guess he's some kind of social worker.

My guess seems to be right since he pulls Taylor to a small table across the room where she begins to sign paper after paper. 

Taylors point of view:

I get dragged to the other side of the room by the fancy man, in his fancy black suit. He presents him self as Ken Shelton. I wan't to laugh at his name, because his light, blonde hair really makes him look like a ken-doll, but based on the situation i don't think that would be the best thing to do at the moment.  

Instead i start to read all of the one billion papers he's handing me. The first one seems to be a file with information about Willow, so I start going through the text. 

The first thing that makes me react is her age. Based on her height and looks i thought she was about nine or teen years old, but she is apparently fourteen. 

I understand that she under no circumstances has been given all the food she should be getting to grow and feel well, and just the thought that she probably has gone hungry every day brings tears to my eyes. But I'm holding them back, this is not the time to start bawling. I need to stay strong. 

I keep reading through the file, but I almost can't get through it all. This poor girl has been through more in just a few years, than most adults have been through their entire lives.​ After being abandoned by her parents, just a few months after her birth, she has bounced around between different foster families. In total, she has lived at five different places, but each time it has ended the same way. Abused and taken to the hospital. I swallow hard and blink several times to hold back the tears.

Not being able to finish going through the file, I move on to reading through and signing all the other papers regarding my custody of Willow. After a while my fingers are cramping after signing my names so many times. 

Apparently they also need to make sure my home is completely secure before I can be fully presented as Willow's guardian. Since it's in New York, of course it will have to happen after I finish all my shows here in LA.

​That's when i realize something i should have realized a long time ago.

"Shit" i accidentally say

Ken and Willow both looks at me with questioning facial expressions.

"I have a show today" I say as i rush over to the chair where my phone is lying, to check the time. 

"Shit" I say again when I realize the show starts in 2 hours and that i also have 113 missed calls from my mom and 54 from Tree. Oh no, Tree is going to kill me.

I excuse myself from the room and start by calling my mom. She picks up after 2 signals.

"Oh thank god you picked up! Taylor honey are you okay? Is everything alright? Are you hurt? Should I come to you? I'm going out right now. Where are you? Are you..."

"Mom I'm okay" I say, stopping her mid-sentence

"I'm at the hospital but I'm..."

"THE HOSPITAL! I'M COMING RIGHT NOW! WHAT HOSPITAL ARE YOU AT?" she screams out in panic.

"Oh, no mom, I'm fine, you don't have to worry. I'm not hurt at all. I'm here for another reason"

"What reson?"

"Um, I might just have adopted a kid..." i say 

"TAYLOR ALLISON SWIFT! DID YOU JUST ADOPT A KID WITHOUT TELLING ME! I WANT TO MET HER OR HIM!  You still have to explain why you are at the hospital though."

I laugh, relived over her excitement and starts to explain everything that has happened in the last few hours.

When I have finished explaining both mom and I are crying, angry and upset over the way Willow has been treated during her whole life.

"Taylor, I'm so proud of you. I'm so, so proud of you for what you have done for that girl in just a few hours. I met her at the concert yesterday, and I danced around with her in the VIP-tent, and I got concerned when I saw her Tay. She had so many scars and wounds"

"I know Mom, I know. It's horrible" I say 

"I don't know what to do now. I really need to get to the arena, but I don't want to leave Willow here all alone at the hospital. I want her to feel safe, I want her to know she can relay on me. I can't just leave her like this!" 

"I can be there to watch over her while you preform. If I leave now I can be at the hospital in a few minutes. " mom says.

"Are you sure Mom, you don't have to, and what if Willow feels overwhelmed with so many new people?"

"That's true, you should probably ask her first, but I think it will be fine since we have meet before. "

I smile, thinking about how an amazing mother i have. 
"I'll ask her. And thank you Mom, I don't know what i would do without you."