Chapter 2

L I S A

Lisa can’t remember ever being more nervous than she was right then. Meeting with Rosé Park about representing her hadn’t fazed the Thai that much, and neither did her very first acting audition. But knowing she’s up for the starring role in a major motion picture film? And there’s a chance that Jennie Kim might make it her first ever starring role in a romantic lesbian movie?

Nervous doesn’t come close to describing how Lisa feels.

She was pressing her hand against her thigh in an attempt to stop her leg from bouncing when the receptionist called her name, “Lisa Manoban?”

“That’s me,” she answered as she jumped to her feet.

“Ms. Park’s ready to see you now.”

The receptionist points her in the direction of her agent’s office, but Lisa already know where to go since she’d met with her about a dozen times since signing on with JK Management. Each time, the girl manning the front desk acts like she’s never seen Lisa before. She refused to let the other woman’s catty behavior get to her, not when she’s lucky enough to be a client while the girl’s stuck working behind a desk at JK.

Especially when she’s so close to making two of her dreams come true—landing a role that’ll make her the envy of every Korean actress and meeting the woman she had a crush on all through high school. She swore, Jennie Kim really ruined her for liking boys. Not that she had any particular interest with opposite sex, it’s just she had never any inkling of sexually appreciating anyone male or female except Jennie.

Lisa’s mom labeled it as being Jensexual when Lisa came out to her back when she was eighteen and decided she didn’t want to continue her training as an idol and wanted to be an actress instead. Her mom was always supportive of her, but worries that people in Korea will not take it lightly having a foreign actress from Thailand and gay, Lisa will even have a harder time succeeding in the industry.

But her mom’s worries were not enough for Lisa to stop pursuing her dream. Koreans already has a Jennie Kim, who bravely stated that love is not necessarily has to be directed towards a guy on a live TV interview when she was sixteen, being one of the first open Lesbian actress in the country who remained admired and loved by Korea. Lisa’s innocent girl-crush on her has been full-blown admiration, helping herself be honest about herself. Girls can like girls like boys do, too.

She rapped her knuckles against Ms. Park’s partially open door before walking inside. The other blonde usually waved her towards one of the seats in front of her desk, but this time jumped up and her tall lanky figure rushed over to give Lisa a hug when she saw her.

“Lisa! I’m so glad you were able to come in today.”

She barely held back a snort. There wasn’t even the tiniest chance that she wouldn’t do whatever it took to meet with Rosé any time she called. Lisa’s too new to showbiz to pass up opportunities without at least hearing all the details.

“You know I’m always available for you.”

“That might be true today”—Roseanne Park or Chaeyoung(her Korean name) paused to pick up a folder from her desk—“but in the very near future it’ll be me coming to you because you’ll be too busy to make the trip to my office.”

Lisa’s eyes were glued to the green folder in her hand. She learned early on that Rosé uses a color-coded filing system. All of her rejections were in red folders, but each time she received an offer the details have come out of a green one.

“Is that what I think it is?”

“Yup.” Lisa’s legs felt like rubber, making Chaeyoung grin when Lisa dropped down into a chair.