Chapter 13: The dead man.

Harry opened his eyes and the first thing he saw was a system screen but he was in a hurry to observe his surroundings in case he was in danger, so he turned them off without glancing at it.
      Then he saw an uneven roof made of stone so he instantly stood up and tried to see if any danger was lurking there.

When he saw underneath him there was a circle with different engravings.

["It's an teleport formation, and according to me it was made by formation scroll", krish said when he saw this circle]

"What.? A formation scroll?", Liam said confused.

[ When you have high proficiency in your element you can make such formation but most people buys already made formation and can use them by putting spiritual energy in them, krish explained]

Harry nodded and observed his surrounding.

It was an empty cave almost the size of a basketball court. There was nothing in the cave despite some lanterns hanging on the walls and there was no such place to hide in the cave but then he saw a man sitting on a platform facing his side. When he observed closely that person was not alive but even that person's dead body was giving him chills. Then he can see a black sword on the dead body's back.

He can only see that man's skull, other parts were covered in dirty clothes, that means the person was long dead.

Harry was frightened to see that a mere skeleton can make him feel sick than how powerful that person would have been when he was alive.

Although he was curious Harry didn't want to approach the body if it was some sort of trap or anything.
He was more confirmed after seeing Several skeletons lying near the dead body.

He first looked at himself , as he remembered that beasts claws made a hole in his body. But now seeing it, there was not even a scar but he is feeling his body in strain and could feel that there is something going on with his body. Its a strange feeling like his body wants to expand but it is not that prominent so he can ignore it for now. but he decided to find out about it later.

He sighed in relief, current conditions are far better than he thought he could be in.
       He didn't want to approach the dead man's body if it is not necessary, so he started looking for an exit but he couldn't see any possible exit.
He tried his luck and punched one of the walls in hope to break but there was not even a scratch on the stone.

He shook his head and sat on the platform where he was lying when he woke up.
There was no risk around so he opened his system screen. He was sure there was notification sound when he confronted that menacing beast but the beast didn't give him a chance to see anything.

[ Quest: survive ]
[ A beast far beyond your limit is attacking survival is the only choice ]
[ Additional quest: make your survival without losing any member of your party]

Harry was not surprised that the system had given him a quest to survive instead of killing but now he was excited because he pulled a task that system thinks is impossible, that means he will get a great reward so he continues reading.

[Quest completed]
[You have surpassed the system's expectations, your reward has been upgraded]
[Rewards: INSTANT LEVEL UP]
[Soul body has been granted]

Harry's face was filled with shocked expressions.he continued reading about other quests because if that quest is also completed then his friends are safe.

[Additional quest completed]
[You have proved your leadership]
[Rewards: Soul contract has been unlocked]

[Exp:5300/25600]

With that, notifications ended. and he is relieved that his friends are safe. He didn't know how much time had passed since he almost died.

Now he was more than happy after seeing rewards, all the efforts were not gone in vain.
He checked if there was any explanation about rewards.

[Soul body: there are different ways to cultivate. First is Qi cultivation which most people do.

then second is pure body cultivation and third and last is soul cultivation.
While Qi and pure body could be cultivated by anyone, soul cultivation needs a special soul body.]

Harry expected more information like how he can cultivate his soul body or anything like that but the system concluded with this.
     Harry knows he asked for what is soul body and system answered him with exactly that.
"Can't you give me more information about how to cultivate" the Harry cursed system.

Then he changed his focus to soul contract

[Soul contract: could be used as a promise. when two persons came to a certain agreement the host could seal their soul contract. Either of the party who breaks the contract will lose control of their soul and their soul could be controlled by another person, even he can kill the person by destroying their souls.

Forced soul contract: forced soul contract could be used on the person who is weaker than host or whose will has been destroyed.
Could be used on beasts suppressed by the host.]

When Harry read the description he felt as if he was flying and can't control his excitement he was a little sad when he first read about a contract but then when he saw that there was a forced soul contract which could be used on the person weaker than you or suppressed by you.

He was excited to try it on the beasts.
With this new skill he could make a whole army of beasts who will obey him.
But then he realised that there is a measure flow in forced soul contracts.
          A beast has to have basic intelligence so he can identify that his life is in danger.
Not like 3 tail beast. That beast didn't have any intelligence that's why he hurt himself by crashing in the woods.
According to information he has, a higher level beast has some sort of intelligence and some of them have the same level as humans.

For now he can't try soul contract but for now he has many problems to handle so he again started looking for exit but after checking for 1 day he didn't find any exit.
        All the time he wants to approach that dead body and take that sword because his inspect skills are not working on that sword but he was holding himself back because he can see those skeletons. They must have tried to do the same.

He was not sure if this tomb is what tyler was talking about.
He can survive a month or two without eating but then he will start to starve so he has to do something if he doesn't want to die.

In the next three days he understood many things about his soul body like he can leave his body and his soul can travel through matter and also can cultivate his soul outside his body.
      He also found a big risk. leaving his body for long time could make his body and soul connection weaker and he has some hypothesis like if he leaves his body for certain amount of time then his connection will tore apart and he will never be able to enter in his body again but he didn't dare to proof this hypothesis.

Although his soul could travel through matter but for some reason it was unable to bypass the walls of this cave.

After that he checked his status screen.

[Name:Harry smith
Age:19
Level: foundation building level 8
Exp:5300/25600

Stat points:8
Qi cultivation: foundation building level 8
Pure body cultivation: foundation building level 6
Soul cultivation: foundation building level 1 
Cultivation techniques: soul contract ]

[Ongoing quest: Find whereabouts of your         
Father.
Rewards:???]