Chapter 20.

August's P.O.V

Last week me and ole girl bumped heads in the club, since then things had been great. I got my friend back. Its like I was missing something.

I reached for my phone and texted Michelle.

ME(9:02): Morning beautiful

MICHELLE(9:13): Goodmorning bighead

I chuckled before switiching my phone off.

I got up out of bed and went to the bathroom. I looked back in the bedroom once I noticed Ari wasnt here. After the night at the club we caught a flight back out to LA. I shrugged my shoulders giving up without trying to even look for her and stuck my toothbrush in my mouth.

********

I grabbed my keys and shut the door behind me. When I got to my car I unlocked the door. Stepped in and started the ignition driving off to my interview I had this morning.

When I arrived I went right up to the spot I was supposed to be in and started my interview.

Michelle's P.O.V

I stepped off the plane with King and Meeka. Last week we were sitting around on facetime with the boys and we all agreed to fly out to New Orleans for EJ's birthday. My brother that was killed almost a year ago. Thinking back on it, its been a rough year. I havent seen my brothers in forever too. Chres lived in Atlanta being that he plays football for the Falcons but he traveled alot during season so its been hard trying to see him and all. He also let our 2 youngest brothers live there with him. Jay and Marco. Jay is more of a basketball type guy while Lil Marco lives for football.

King on the other hand. He's trying to make it in the entertainment industry. But enough of us.. By this time we were in the car headed to our old neighborhood where Trap lives. The closer we got the more nervous I got, I was also nervous to see Trap being that I haven't seem or spoken to him since that stunt he pulled at August's performance and the lies he tried to put in my ear about the deaths of Pops and EJ. That subject still hurts me. I still cant believe they're gone.

"Damn, yall lived in the hood forreal" I chuckled. Im guessing by Meeka's statement that we were here. I looked out the window in the car to see all the wannabe thugs walking around with their crews shirtless with baggy pants. The kids outside playing basketball and hopscotch. Adults cooking on the grill. A couple crackheads being crackheads. Once we pulled up to our old house, everybody stepped out taking in our childhood neighborhood.

My eyes began to sting as I reminisced on all the memories, the ones with Pops, Ej, and even with mom. I pulled myself together once I felt King pull me into a warm hug. "Keep your head up Twin" he said before patting my back and grabbing the bags out of the trunk.

I looked over at Meeka and laughed once I saw the expression of fear across my face. I walked over to her and grabbed her arm pulling her inside the house. "Come on girl".

I walked in the house to see Trap and King hugging and giving pound. "Who is that fine lil ma right there?" Trap said referring to Meeka. "Oh, That's Meeka, Michelle's friend from New York." "And why is she here." I sighed finally about to speak up. "Because she's my friend and I invited her, problem?" I said rolling my eyes after noticing the glare Trap was giving me showing that he was upset before he walked out onto the back porch. King shook his head at me. "Man, what's yalls problem?" "Long story, dont care to explain." I said before going upstairs to the my old bedroom.

The house was one of those lowbudget 2 story homes in the ghetto. We could've afforded much better but pops was tight with his money. And he wanted to live in an area where his customers would come to him. I walked in the room, smiling to myself seeing that everything was exactly how I left it. I looked on the small end table by my bed picking up a box. My eyes filled with water once I realized it was the box August gave me the day he claimed to have disappeared. The day pops and EJ died. The day war went on outside my house. I sat it down letting my head fall into my hands as I cried.