Chapter 14.

Michelle's P.O.V

It's been a couple of months since me and August had gotten back together
and I'm so proud of him he's been doing so well.

His career is coming up really well with an amazing fanbase and my TV show series is completed and will be airing in 1 month.

Me and August are in LA for the weekend because of the bet awards. I'm so excited and he is too.

He's also performing and I can not wait! Not to mention he's been nominated multiple times. I'm gonna be there right by his side supporting him.

I've spent weeks trying to find the perfect outfit, I finally found it and August loves it.

I'm kind of nervous though because today August has to go to 106 up in LA and I don't want any problems but he asked me to go with him so of course I said yes.

We got dressed and then headed out. As soon as we got there August was called on stage. He kissed my forehead and went on.

"Good luck! " I said kissing him on the cheek and letting go of his hand.

August's P.O.V

Before I walked on stage I talked to the cohost Keisha about something's to prevent any problems tonight and she agreed with me.

Once I got on stage I denied his hand shake once again but I did speak.

"So we've been seeing you and model Michelle a lot lately are you two back rocking? "

I snapped "So you just gon go against the grain, I told yall not to ask me that shit. "

"Oh ok ok I'm sorry. "

After that they finally began to ask me questions about my music career and stuff.

The interview was very brief and straight to the point so after that me and my girl went to grab something to eat and go to the hotel, we had a big day tomorrow.

"Guess what babygirl?

"Hmmm? "

She said while stuffing her face with French fries, I looked at her and smiled, my girl is beyond beautiful.

"I have a show in New Orleans next week after the awards and stuff is over with. "

She looked at me with a very blank face, I could tell by her eyes that she was scared for me.

"Can't you cancel it? "

"No baby that's home there, I'm not letting them down. "

"Don't be stupid August, did you not forget the reason why you left New Orleans? "

" I could never could forget, besides don't you wanna see your family? "

She glanced at me and then turned her head looking out the window.

"What family? Moms dead, Pops dead and" she started to cry "EJ."

I pulled the car over and rested my hands on her thigh, I pushed her hair behind her ear and kissed her cheek.

If she knew the truth I would forever lose her. I can't say I know how it feels to lose parents to the streets, But I know how it feels to lose a brother to it and I hate I put her in that situation.

"Can we just go back to the room? " she said sniffling.

The rest of the ride was silent, when we got to the room she didn't say a word it was almost as if she knew I was to blame. She went right to sleep and so did I.

The next morning was a big day, it was the day of the awards. I took pooh to get her hair did and makeup and then I went to get ready.

By the time I was done Pooh was walking in the door, she looked so beautiful. She put on her dress and then we left on to the pre show.

Once we got there it was crazy, celebrities everywhere and I can't believe that I'm one of them.

Michelle's P.O.V

As I was walking around with August I saw Chris Brown, I let go of August's hand and ran up to Chris hugging him.

I could tell August felt a little disrespectedby the look on his face, so I pulled out from the hug and grabbed August's hand snuggling up closer to him.

"How you been? " Chris asked.

"Great you look good, you and your girl look amazing. "

August interupted "Wassup bro? "

"Hey aug wassup? "

They dapped and did the little guy hug, I stood back rolling my eyes playfully.

"What's funny babygirl? "

"You two." I responded

August face expression was so crazy but cute, he tucked my head under his arm nuzzling me.

I yelled. "AUGUST! my hair. "

"You still look beautiful don't worry. "

My frown grew into the biggest smile.

1 hour later the show was about to start so we all went to take our seats. A few minutes into the show they came across and award that August was nominated for.

I held his hand and smiled at him, fingers crossed.

And the best R&B award goes too...

August Alsina!

I jumped up clapping, looking at his shocked but excited face. I began hugging him, boy was I proud.

He grabbed my hand leading me on stage with him.

"Wow. " he said.

I looked at his face and noticed he was quiet because he was crying.

I hugged him and allowed him to cry on my shoulder for a second, he soon got himself together and finished his speech.

"I just wanna say thank you to my mom, my manager, God, and this girl here baby I don't know where I would be without you. I love you, and the fans! I wouldn't be anything without yall love ya. Thank you.

I let out a few tears, I just couldn't help it I was so proud of him.

"I am so proud of you, started at the very bottom and look at you now.

"Hell , look at us now. " he said putting emphasis on the word us.

He kissed me on my forehead, I went go sit back down while August got ready for his performance.

Seeing him come up on stage I nearly died, he was singing my favorite song.

August's P.O.V

I was nervous as hell to be performing live for millions of people, but I do realize that this is my time.

I showed up and showed out, I even had my bros come up and perform with me.

My performance was lit and to be honest I'm just glad its over. Next stop New Orleans. Im about to shut it down in Louisiana.