Chapter-6

Amelia settled uneasily into the plush cushions of the carriage, the rhythmic clip-clop of hooves against cobblestone providing a steady backdrop to her turbulent thoughts. The world outside blurred into a kaleidoscope of passing scenery, each fleeting moment a reminder of the surreal journey she now found herself on.

Amelia's pulse quickened as memories of the history written in the old book flooded her mind, recounting the harrowing tales of the Alpha King's reign of terror. She couldn't shake the tales she had read about the Alpha King—his legendary battles against the vampires, and the whispered rumors of his unmatched power on the battlefields,  villages razed to the ground and lives extinguished without mercy.

As the carriage rumbled forward, the weight of anticipation hung heavy in the air, mingling with the faint scent of wildflowers that wafted through the open windows. With each passing mile, the walls of her familiar world seemed to recede further into the distance, replaced by the looming silhouette of the royal palace on the horizon.

Lost in her thoughts, she barely noticed the gentle sway of the carriage as it came to a gradual halt, the grandeur of the royal palace looming ominously before her. With a steadying breath, she stepped out onto the cobblestone courtyard, her heart pounding in rhythm with the echoes of her footsteps.

As Amelia stepped out of the carriage, she was met by Cassius, the formidable general of the Lunarbane pack. Towering and imposing, his presence commanded respect as he approached her with a solemn expression.

A shiver ran down her spine, a sensation of being watched sending a chill through her veins. Instinctively, Amelia lifted her gaze, her eyes met with a pair of shockingly silver eyes , a silhouetted stood against the grandeur of the palace terrace.She couldn't see him properly but she could say the male was enormous and powerful. There was a mixture of curiosity and intrigue in those eyes. There was also a hint of something deeper, hidden beneath the surface.

"Miss Amelia," Cassius greeted her with a nod, his deep voice made Amelia look away from those eyes. "I am Cassius, general of the Lunarbane pack. The Alpha King has instructed me to escort you to your chamber."

Amelia offered a polite smile, her nerves fluttering beneath the facade of composure. "Thank you, General Cassius," she replied, her voice steady despite the apprehension swirling within her.

With a nod of acknowledgment, Cassius led her through the royal palace, she was immediately enveloped in a sense of awe and wonder. The grandeur of the palace was breathtaking, its towering spires reaching toward the heavens.The corridors stretched out before her like a labyrinth of marble and gold. Crystal chandeliers cast a warm, ethereal glow upon the palace.

General Cassius stopped walking for a moment. Amelia curiously looked at him, "What's wrong?"
"Uh- nothing." He started to walk ahead again. Amelia was confused but she quickly followed him.

As they arrived at her chamber, Cassius turned to her with a rare glimpse of vulnerability in his steely gaze. "It is my mate who requires your healing touch," he confessed, his voice softening with concern. "She is carrying our child, and... we fear for her well-being."

Amelia's eyes softened , her resolve strengthening as she stepped forward to offer her assistance. "I will do everything in my power to help her," she assured him, her voice laced with determination. "You have my word."

With a grateful nod, Cassius stepped aside, allowing her entry into her chamber. " You must be tired. please take rest. My mate is sleeping right now. I will escort you to her chamber when she is awake."

As the door closed behind her, Amelia let out a sigh and took in her new chamber. It was pretty huge and beautiful. The centerpiece of the chamber was a magnificent four-poster bed. There was a side table and a huge dressing table. A fireplace crackled in the corner, beside the sofas and a study table.

A door lead her to the terrace. The view in front of her was truly beautiful, there was vast areas of green forest. She took a deep breath. That was it! She dreaded to meet the royal king. And now she was in his home! Meeting the king was now inevitable and she didn't have enough strength for that.

——————————————————

I am trying some editing for this story. Sorry for causing confusions. Also English is not my first language.. so sorry for any grammatical error.