Chapter-9

Next morning Amelia was sleeping peacefully in her new chamber when a knock woke her up.
"This is Lily, miss."
"Come in, Lily. I'm awake now."
Lily came into the chamber and bowed.
"Good morning, miss Amelia. Breakfast will start soon. I will prepare your bath."
"Thank you Lily", She lazily stretched her body.

Soon Lily escorted her to the dining room. She was again so amazed with the interior of the castle. A double door opened and she was ushered to the dining table. It was a huge table, some nobles were already there. Everyone's eyes was on her as she entered the room. It was really uncomfortable as Amelia didn't know anybody here. She just sat on a random seat.

Everyone was whispering, gossiping but suddenly a door opening was heard and it was pure silence. Amelia looked up and everyone was standing, "Good Morning, Your Majesty." Amelia's eyes went wide and stood up immediately and bowed like others.

"You may sit down." a deep, gruff voice echoed in the room. A tall, imposing figure whose presence seemed to fill the room with an aura of power and authority. It was none other than the Alpha King himself, his rugged features etched with the scars of battles won and lost, a testament to the hardships he had endured in his lifetime.

As he moved gracefully through the room, the Alpha King's gaze locked onto Amelia's, his eyes burning with intensity as he approached her with purposeful strides. With each step he took, the air seemed to crackle with anticipation. Everyone was looking at them with curiosity.

Amelia's breath hitched as she beheld the Alpha King in all his formidable glory.  Despite his imposing appearance, there was a raw magnetism about him, a primal energy that drew her in with an irresistible force.

Amelia's heart raced with a mixture of fear and fascination as the Alpha King drew closer, "Miss Amelia," again his rough voice spoke, "I apologize for not welcoming you yesterday. l hope you are getting comfortable here. "
He took her hand in his big hand and placed a small kiss on her knuckles. " Welcome to the royal palace, miss Amelia. "

Amelia was baffled for a moment, " T-thank you-u Your Majesty, for having me." She bowed a little.

When she looked up there was a glint of amusement in Alpha Aldric's eyes.

Soon everyone took their seat, Aldric was sitting on the head of the table. On his right side sat general Cassius. Aldric's left chair was empty, maybe that's for his wife. The old book said he was mateless, that means the chair was always empty.

Amelia was trying to analyze him. How did he feel about being mateless for life? What horrible deeds he had done to be cursed like this? Mates are very important to werewolves. They worship their mates. So how much it has hurt him to never have one? That book described him as a cruel, dangerous thing. But he looked very gentleman now. Suddenly King Aldric looked at her. She looked away as soon as he looked at her way, but it seemed like he already knew she was staring at him .

"Everyone, this is miss Amelia, a healer. She is here to help Ela. She will be here until the baby is born . Treat her with respect, any kind of disrespectful act towards her will not be tolerated." Aldric's voice held power and authority as everyone bowed in agreement.

But Amelia didn't expect that.

she will be here until the baby is born!!!

It was not the plan! She wanted to get out of here as soon as possible. As long as she was away from this king she would be okay. The King was a bad news!!

She thought she would help Ela with some medicines and if needed the she would come again at the time of the child birth. But this was not the plan!!!

She always feared meeting the king but now she has to live under the same roof! Amelia was already getting pale.

"Please start eating."  The deep voice broke her chain of thoughts. But her appetite was already gone. She needed to talk with the king about this.

Everyone was eating but Amelia could feel the  King's eyes on her. Now why was he looking at her!! She tried to shrug it off but his intense eyes were really hard to ignore.

Suddenly the door opened and Ela walked in. She was looking better today, though tiredness was prominent in her face. The way everyone gasped it was obvious that she has not been visiting the dining room for some time .

The General was immediately on his feet to her way . He gently held her, which was contrasted to his figure. "Why are you here darling? Didn't they get your breakfast on your bed? Are you okay?"
" I'm feeling better today so I wanted to have breakfast with everyone. " She gave him a sheepish smile.

" You could have called me, I would have helped you. You are not totally healthy yet, darling ." Everyone could say he was worried for his mate. She gave everyone a huge smile, they also replied with smiles. It looked like everyone here was friendly with Ela.

" Good morning Alpha." She bowed a little, Cassius prevented her to bow deeply. The small gesture was really heart warming.
"Good morning Ela. It is good to see you feeling better. I guess miss Amelia was able to help you."

Everyone was now looking at Amelia with wonder and gratefulness. They were whispering with amazement.

" Yes. Amelia helped me a lot." she said looking at Amelia," I apologize, I couldn't even thank you properly last night. You were amazing! "
" It's okay Ela.. I am happy that you are feeling better. "

Ela sat beside Amelia. Though Cassius was trying to make her sit with him, she bluntly refused to listen to him. And that caused him to sit with them. It looked like Ela had him wrapped in her tiny fingers.

Soon breakfast was done, everyone went to their work. But Amelia was determined to talk with The King about her stay. So she followed him, "Your Majesty!"
Aldric turned to her immediately, "Amelia.. Is something wrong?"
"Y-yes.. I-i mean aye.. " The Alpha was looking at her intensely.
why does he look so intimidating!?
" Well..? "

" Umm... you said that I will be staying here until the baby is born but I can't.. i mean I need to go back home. I can come again if it is needed.. but I need to go home.. "
At this point she was blabbering.

Aldric was still looking at her intensely, he raised his one eyebrow, " And why is that? "

Amelia gulped at his tone," I have some patients at home.. I need to go."
" I will send carriage to get them here. If that is an issue then I will arrange a comfortable journey for you to go there and come back. No need for going back."

Amelia was looking at him with open mouth. what is his problem!! he is THE issue here!

" My father will get worried. "
" Send him a letter. If needed he is also welcomed here."

Now she was openly glaring at him. But his eyes were dancing in amusement. Clearly he was having fun with making her mad.

" You can't force me to stay here! "
" I'm not forcing you. It is your job. Also I am the KING."
" Not my King!! "
" Yet."

With that the Alpha went away, leaving a confused and mad Amelia. She knew The King was cruel but nobody told her he was also infuriating!!
" humph"