Chapter 1

Elizabeth Nolan and her co-workers were summoned to the auditorium-like room. They sat down and looked at the area which resembles a stage.

"What do you think the big announcement will be?" Samantha asked.

"Who knows? I just hope they're not firing us." Elizabeth replied. "This is the one job that I absolutely love. I cannot imagine having to search for a new job again."

"Tell me about it." Samantha agreed. "We get paid to read book ideas and help future writers succeed."

Beverly West, the CEO of Bloomburg Publishing, walked to the stage and stood behind the podium. "I'm sure many of you are curious as to why I called you to this room." Almost every employee nodded their head. "Don't look so nervous. Nobody is getting fired." She joked. Everyone let out a sigh of relief. "I have great news. The company has decided to open an office in London, United Kingdom. We have helped many writers find success with their stories here in New York City, so why don't we provide our help for the London writers as well? We're giving you the opportunity to transfer to the London office. It's not mandatory. The choice is yours. Anyone who is interested to transfer should get in touch with Lyla Jensen. She's in charge of hiring employees and also deals with employees wanting to transfer work locations. Her email address is lylajengmail.com .You have two weeks to decide."

#

Elizabeth is sitting at her desk

Elizabeth is sitting at her desk. She's browsing her work emails. She has always wanted to travel to London and other places in Europe. She has many things here that she wouldn't have in London. Her family is here. Matt, her boyfriend, works just a few blocks from her. He's her college sweetheart. They met during her second semester at college He works for Parker & Associates, a successful law firm that deals with bankruptcy and insurance fraud. The opportunity to transfer to her dream town is too good of an offer to turn down. They could try a long distance relationship. People do it all the time, and have stayed together. She believes they should give it a shot. Elizabeth had always tended to put her needs on the back burner and would please everyone. This time she is going to put her needs first. This opportunity is calling out to her. She and Matt are going to have a talk about this.