Chapter 6

Today is Elizabeth's first day at the London office. She looked over her outfit. Elizabeth wanted to look professional, but she also wanted her outfit to be nice.

(AN:Elizabeth's outfit)

Elizabeth walked out of the lobby and stood on the curb waiting for the taxi to take her to the office

Elizabeth walked out of the lobby and stood on the curb waiting for the taxi to take her to the office. A black cab pulled up to the curb. The driver rolled down the window. "Good morning." The driver greeted Elizabeth and unlocked the doors. Elizabeth opened the back door and sat down. She closed the door. "Where are you headed, love?" The driver asked.

"I need to get to Bloomburg Publishing London Office. The address is 1226 Bond Street." Elizabeth read the address from her phone. She looked at the traffic that is starting to develop on the main street. She got a bit nervous if she'll arrive on time. "I'll throw in an additional fifteen pounds if you can escape the traffic."

"Don't worry, love. I know the address and I also know a shortcut that will get you to your destination in half the time." The driver promised.

#

Twenty minutes later

Elizabeth paid the driver. "You're a lifesaver, George. The additional fifteen pounds were worth paying." She said to him.

"You're very welcome, love. I like my customers to be happy." George smiled.

#

Elizabeth looked around the office

Elizabeth looked around the office. The style of the office is contemporary. There are seven floors. There is a pavilion café on the sixth floor which includes the building's outdoor space, extending through large glass doors to a landscaped rooftop terrace complete with flowerbeds, grass areas and sweeping views of the London skyline. There is a break room and a kitchen. There is a reception area, meeting spaces, conference rooms, and even a workout room. She thought she's in book heaven if such a place existed.

"It's beautiful, isn't it?" A voice quietly said. The voice sounded familiar.

Elizabeth turned around and saw Samantha

Elizabeth turned around and saw Samantha. "No way. You're here too." She felt happy to see a familiar face. "But you said you weren't sure if you were going to transfer here."

"I know, but I changed my mind." Samantha replied.

"This is great." Elizabeth replied.

Other employees showed up. Most had English accents and there were a couple of American accents Samantha and Elizabeth heard through the conversations between the employees.

(AN: Gemma Kensington)

A woman with dark brown hair stepped down from the staircase

A woman with dark brown hair stepped down from the staircase. "Good morning, ladies and gentlemen. Welcome to the Bloomburg Publishing London Office. I'm Gemma Kensington. Guess what, we're going to be spending a lot of time together because I'm your boss. I hope all of us will be able to get along." She joked. A few employees chuckled at her joke. "A few chuckles, that's a good sign. I decided to start with a tour of the office. After the tour, we will introduce ourselves and go to a brief employee orientation followed by all of you being assigned your designated work area. Before the end of your first day, I thought it would be a good idea to bring over a couple of clients in and see how you can help them. This will be kind of a sink or swim moment. I want to know who is good and who may need to polish their skills a bit. The clients who will be coming in just a bit are legitimate. This is what they want to do as their career, but they need our help to achieve that success. They will vary in age, but overall they wish to be writers and we're going to provide positive vibes for them."

After the tour, the employee orientation, and the employees selecting their designated work areas to sit, the main task is about to begin. Gemma brought in the first clients which will determine the fate of its employees and whether the company will have the same success as the one in New York City.

The employees sat behind their desks and looked at the clients standing next to Gemma. "For this assignment, the clients have brought samples of their potential books they wish to publish someday. You will read 3-4 pages of their samples and provide feedback to them. In your feedback, I want you to make an executive decision regarding if their ideas are worthy to be published in the near future. Good luck and have fun reading." She got done explaining the assignment. She sat down on the chair and observed the conversations developing around the office.