Chapter 4

Within three days, Elizabeth's life did a 180. She thought when Matt bought her the sexy lingerie the relationship was headed in the right direction. She was wrong. Matt had been unfaithful. Elizabeth couldn't stay at the apartment after the confrontation she had with Matt. She drove to her parents' house. Two days have passed since she found out about Matt's infidelity.

Flashback

Elizabeth walked around the apartment and she couldn't find her cell phone. She was expecting an important email to arrive from Lyla. After having a long discussion with Matt, they reached the decision that Elizabeth will request the transfer.

"Where is the phone?" Elizabeth thought out loud. "Just when I need it, the damn phone has disappeared." She saw Matt's phone charging on the nightstand. He is in the bathroom. Elizabeth decided to use his phone to call hers. She grabbed the phone and removed it from the charger. She knew the pass code for his phone and entered it. As soon as she unlocked the phone, a preview of a text message appeared at the top of the screen. The message is from a Jennifer.

"I miss you. Remember when we fucked in your car on your lunch break two weeks ago? That was so fucking hot. Can't wait to do it again."

Elizabeth couldn't believe what she's reading

Elizabeth couldn't believe what she's reading. Matt is having an affair with another woman. Who is this Jennifer? There's no last name for her. Elizabeth's finger pressed on the icon so she could see his contacts. When the photo appeared for 'Jennifer', Elizabeth felt like she was going to throw up. It's one of her friends from high school.

"Hey, Liz. Did you find your phone?" Matt walked out of the bathroom with a towel wrapped around his damp body. "I heard you yelling about not being able to find your phone."

"Jennifer? You're fucking Jennifer Davis? One of my friends from high school?" Elizabeth asked.

Matt saw his phone in her hand. "Why are you going through my phone?!" Matt rushes over to Elizabeth and tries to grab his cell phone, but she's too quick and moves away from him.

"I wasn't planning on going through your phone! I was going to use it to call my phone because I couldn't find it, but I saw your text from Jennifer." Elizabeth raised her voice. "Why is she sending you messages?"

"She-She's been sending me weird messages." Matt stuttered. "I've been ignoring them."

Elizabeth starts to scroll through the rest of the text messages. More started to appear. "Oh, really? If her message are weird, you've been sending them right back to her." She got more pissed. "You know what? Since Jennifer misses you so much, you can go visit her tonight." Elizabeth threw Matt's phone at him.

"Hey! What the hell, Liz!" Matt barely has time to react and grab his phone before it hits the floor.

"I can't believe this, you and Jennifer! How could you do this to me?!" Elizabeth yelled at Matt.