Chapter 3

Elizabeth got done cleaning the living room of the apartment. There was too much dust. She got up and threw the duster refill in the trash can in the kitchen.

She began to think about the first time she met Matt when they both attended Baruch College. They met for the first time during their third semester. She worked as a waitress at the Malibu Diner which was ten minutes away from the campus. Elizabeth always enjoyed going to diners and decided to apply for a job when she saw the help wanted sign one afternoon when she was walking.

Flashback

"Elizabeth, there is a new customer at table eight." Jenny, her coworker, just notified her.

"Okay. I'm on my way. I just have to serve the Black Angus burger to my other customer." Elizabeth grabbed the notepad and put it in the pouch of her uniform. She took the plate with the burger and placed it on the table of the older gentlemen who ordered it.

"Thank you, dear." The man said.

"You're welcome. Did you need anything else?" Elizabeth asked.

"I'm good." The man replied and grabbed the burger.

Elizabeth walked over to the table where the new customer is sitting in the booth. He was a young guy with short black hair and light blue eyes. "Good afternoon, I'm Elizabeth." She grabbed the notepad and pen out of her apron. "I'll be your server today. Are you ready to order or do you need more time?" After she asked the usual question she looked up and her gaze locked with the guy. He is looking at her too.

 He is looking at her too

He smiled at her. "Elizabeth, I know what I want."

She smiled back at him

She smiled back at him. "Okay, go ahead. I'm ready."

"The Smash Burger with French fries. One Snapple for a drink." Matt ordered.

"Which flavor do you want for the Snapple?" Elizabeth asked after she got done writing the ordered.

"I'll tell you what, let's make this interesting." Matt suggested.

"Interesting how?" Elizabeth got curious.