Chapter 5

Today is the day Elizabeth would be leaving for London. Her work transfer was approved. The company would pay for her stay at Radisson Blue Edwardian Heathrow Hotel. They gave her a company credit card. Her work visa application also got approved. The company would reimburse her the money until she finds a permanent residence and doesn't need their financial assistance.

She closed her last suitcase. Richard got her suitcases and put them in the car. Elizabeth walked to the front door of the house and looked around the foyer.

"This is it." Caroline said. "This is the last time you'll be in this house. " She stood next to Elizabeth.

"I'll visit. You and dad can come to London whenever you want." Elizabeth said. "This isn't goodbye forever."

"I know, but it's just going to be different knowing that you're on another continent

"I know, but it's just going to be different knowing that you're on another continent." Caroline said.

"We'll Facetime." Elizabeth said.

#

LaGuardia Airport

Elizabeth stood at the American Airlines front desk to check in her bags. After this was done, Elizabeth grabbed her carry-on bag and stepped away from the desk. She and her parents stood a couple of feet away from the security checkpoint lane.

"I should get going. I don't want to be stuck in the line for too long." Elizabeth said.

"Right." Richard said. "Go have fun and don't work too hard." He hugged Elizabeth.

Elizabeth laughed. "Dad, you're supposed to be encouraging me to work, not slack off."

Caroline stepped forward and hugged Elizabeth. "Sweetheart, I'm going to miss you a lot." She whispered.

"Mom, please. Don't start crying, because then I'm going to start too. This is supposed to be a happy moment." Elizabeth said.

" Elizabeth said

"You're right. We will see each other again." Caroline pulled back from the hug. "We're proud of you. I know that you're going to help so many future writers in London and they'll be thanking you over and over."