PART 46

TAYLOR'S POV:

I'm at Tom's place while he's at work. We're going on a date after he comes home so I decided to just stay over at his house. It's been two days since Ria has been found murdered. I still can't wrap my head around it. Ria had been murdered. It's shocking knowing that your best friend of so many years is just.. gone. The funeral is this Friday, that's tomorrow. Not many people are going. Ria's mom said she wanted to keep a small population of people since she didn't like big crowds. About 50-70 people max. Dylan is going which makes me even more uncomfortable but I couldn't just not go because of him. It would be shitty and stupid of me. 

I'm currently cleaning around Tom's house. It's relieving my stress and letting me forget the sadness of the tragic death of my best friend. It's still horribly confusing me. What kind of devil soul would do that to Ria? I understand she wasn't the greatest girl but she did not deserve to be put to death. 

I already cleaned Tom's bedroom, the kitchen, and the bathroom as well. His house was already clean due to the maids he hires but there were still a few dirt spots hidden somewhere. I walked down the hallway and saw a slightly open door. I don't know if Tom minds me sneaking around his house but I'm his girlfriend after all, who cares. I peeked inside the room and noticed that it was his home office. He had a huge computer on his desk with a bunch of folders surrounding it. There were papers scattered all over the floor with some books mixed with them. Whatever happened in this room most definitely happened for a reason. This doesn't look at all nice and clean. 

I stepped inside the office careful not to step on any of the papers as I approached his desk. I sat down in his big, comfy chair and I scanned my surroundings again. How can he work here? 

There's a big pile of folders scattered all over his desk. So many files of many different people. Two of the files caught my eye. I picked both of them up a bit horrified by the names. Ria Nazl and John Smith, Dylan's father. My eyes were wide open as I cleared out the space in front of me on the desk. I set the files down one beside another.

A bit of fear rushed through me. Why did he have these specific people filed down? Dylan's dad was a lawyer so that confused me a little. Ria, however, as I mentioned before, had died a few days ago. This whole thing creeps me the fuck out.

I opened John's folder. Inside stood a picture of him, many pictures of him. A few pictures of him talking to someone in front of a big building. He was holding a black suitcase that looked pretty heavy. The other pictures of him were close-up portraits. Side profiles as well. I scrolled through the pictures that were in the file before setting them aside. Inside the file were also a few papers that were signed by John. Some of the receipts had big numbers on them. I put all the stuff back inside the folder and inspected it, turning it around. FRAUD said on the back of the file with big black caps. What the hell did Tom work as?

I put John's folder away and picked up Ria's. I turned it around before seeing the inside of the folder.  SNITCH. I felt my stomach turn with fear. I didn't have to open the folder to know what kind of stuff was hiding in there. I put the folder face down on the table and slowly opened it. I immediately wanted to throw up. A hand flew on my mouth to keep them from dropping. Pictures of Ria, dead Ria were inside. There were bullets in her body, in her head as well. Her flesh was all around the room. It felt like I was looking through the dark web. Why the hell does Tom have these pictures? The pictures were clearly taken before she had been put in a bag or whatever they had done to her body. The only question I had was why Tom, my boyfriend had these pictures.

I was interrupted by a ringtone coming from my phone. I pulled my phone out of my pocket seeing Tristan's name pop up. I answered the call immediately. "Hey, what's up?"