8. I'm not afraid anymore

The next morning Jungkook arrived at the corporation and headed to his office.

"Good morning Miya, you look great!" - he winked.

"Good morning" - she answered with a confused expression on her face. What happened? He was the first to say hello, and also gave a compliment?

Jungkook sat in his chair and threw his head back: "What a beautiful day"

He dialed his assistant while a smile lit up his face:

JK: "Hey, organize a party at the end of the week, rent an event hall, let's invite the whole corporation. I want to reward the employees for their great and dedicated work to our company"

There was silence on the other side of the phone and then Greg spoke: "Are you being held hostage? Do you have a temperature?"

JK:"Oh my dear friend, I've just always been so strict, but today is such a great day, why not make people a holiday? Come on, organize everything and send SMS invitations"

Greg: "Um... okay. Something else?"

JK: "Yes, do it and you can be free for today, I'll give you an extra day off"

Greg: "Okay Jungkook. Сan i ask? What happened anyway?"

JK: "I'm just in a good mood"

Greg:"Seriously?" - the man laughed - "Then tell your good mood to get better soon and return to the office. By the way, how is she?"

JK:"She is better now, the doctor called me, he was with her in the morning and bandaged the wound, he said that it was nothing serious"

Greg:"Okay then, I'll organize everything and send you the details. Bye"

***

In the evening, Jungkook decided to visit Eva, having first asked Emily if she was awake.

He rang the doorbell and Eva open the door.He was standing in the doorway, with another bouquet of flowers.

"Hi Eva, how are you? How is your hand?"- he asked gently.

"Oh hi, come through. I'm fine. I have already started finishing the project" - she let him in and closed the door. Jungkook handed her a bouquet of flowers.

"Thanks, but... you don't have to do that. I still have the previous bouquet. Do you want to turn my apartment into a garden?" - she smiled.

"You just have to ask. And I will do anything you ask" -he looked at her with a piercing gaze.

Eva smiled lightly and went to the kitchen to put flowers in a vase. He followed her:"Hey, wait. Did you say you were working on a project? I asked you to rest"

"I can't sit without work, I rested enough at night" - she answeared.

Jungkook sat down at the table and Eva served him tea. She sat opposite and stared at the floor, sipping a drink from her cup.

"Listen, I wanted to ask... that kiss...." - he began with a trembling voice.

"Oh, that's... sorry. I was...I was very scared and I didn't think what I was doing...I" - Eva began to stutter a little.

"Oh, that's fine..thanks for the tea. I'll probably go... and by the way, there will be a party for all the employees at the end of the week. So, get well soon." - Jungkook was a little upset at her words. Still, in the depths of his heart, there was a hope that he had a chance.

Eva led him to the door and burst into tears as soon as it closed. What's going on in her head. She can't quell her feelings, which rush here and there like a beetle covered with a jar. It is difficult for her to find a way out of the labyrinth of her thoughts. Maybe she should finally stop pushing her feelings through the meat grinder of her own fears, erasing her into dust.