2. Chapter Two

Seokjin moved slowly as he made his way to the door, being careful not to make any noise and avoid alerting anyone. It was his final evening in the house where he had spent his childhood, and he always knew that, eventually, he would have to leave and live with an Alpha. However, he never imagined it would be under these circumstances.

Throughout his life, he always followed his parents' guidance without hesitation or doubt. Despite living in his brother's shadow, he never complained and was grateful for having a brother like Jimin.

Jimin was a natural at everything he did, and people adored him wherever he went. His charisma drew the interest of numerous people, as he had a knack for captivating others with his mere existence. Jin really admired his brother for never having to struggle to fit in as an Omega; he always seemed to belong effortlessly.

He found it difficult to relate to, but despite the challenge, he was glad to see his brother find it easy. He always believed in Jimin's greatness, so it came as no surprise when they both presented as Omegas and the announcement was made that Jimin would be mated to a King from a different kingdom. Jin had anticipated it for Jimin and was pleased about it.

Despite being told he had to wait for his brother to get married first, he wasn't initially worried. As time passed, he began to wonder when he would find himself becoming the mate of an Alpha. He longed for a future with a family and desired to be important to someone.

After discovering hope and living with a dream that had been shattered, his heart was broken. He knew what could fix and change things for him, but he didn't have it in him to rebel. He naturally followed orders, so he was surprised that Jimin went against their parent's wishes and mated with someone they hadn't approved of.

He wanted to be able to do the same but realized it was not right and beyond his mental and physical abilities. That's the reason he decided to leave his house for one final night, to cherish the kingdom of his childhood before leaving.

"Where are you going, Jinnie?"

Jin's steps came to a sudden stop as the question and voice made him turn around in fear to face his brother.

"I was going for a walk." Jin's reply was almost a whisper, as he had been entirely unaware of Jimin's presence. He was aware that his mother had been staying there to watch over him. But I didn't realize Jimin had come back home after being away for a few weeks.

Jimin approached him, "Are you going by yourself? It's getting late."

"I know, but I was thinking of stopping by the lake one more time before I head out tomorrow."

"Jinnie, heading out by yourself at this hour as an unmated Omega can be dangerous even in this area. Did you happen to forget that?" Jimin asked his brother, gazing intently at him.

"No-"

"Come, I will go with you. You are the reason why I came here tonight, anyway. I told my Alpha I wanted to come tonight instead of in the morning, figured you and I could talk."

"Okay," Jin responded and allowed Jimin to lead the way out the door.

After leaving the house, he quickly zipped up his jacket, realizing that the air was much colder than he had anticipated. It was early in the autumn season, and the weather was not expected to be so cold.

"How are you feeling about tomorrow?" Jimin inquired as they strolled towards the illuminated path that led to the lake.

With his hands in his pockets, Jin responded, "I'm not sure. I'm feeling a bit nervous, to be honest."

"Jinnie, you can always be honest. Nervousness is also normal."

"I always knew this would happen, Jimin. I know living with an Alpha was going to be part of my journey, but this is not quite what I expected. Being the Omega of a King feels overwhelming to me, and I doubt my abilities for it. The thought of it is quite intimidating." Jin admitted as they kept strolling together.