7. Chapter Seven

After entering the room with his guards following him, Prince Min Yoongi offered a courteous tip of his head upon seeing Namjoon sitting around a table set with breakfast in celebration of Taehyung's presence.

As he ventured further into the room, his gaze fell upon the figure he instantly recognized as the recently crowned leader of the Kim Clan. He and his guard all lowered their heads in a display of utmost respect.

With his back against the chair and one shoulder slung over the armrest, Taehyung thoroughly examined Yoongi, studying every inch of him.

Namjoon had risen to his feet, offering a polite bow to Yoongi, and patiently waited as Yoongi settled into his chair opposite them.

Once seated, Yoongi observed his guards as they promptly took their positions behind him, keeping a respectful distance. This made Taehyung smile, catching Namjoon's attention as he sat back down.

"Yoongi, it's great to see you again," Namjoon spoke openly as he greeted Yoongi, aiming to improve the atmosphere he felt.

Yoongi grinned in response to Namjoon's words, "Same here, Namjoon." He then turned his gaze to Taehyung, "King Taehyung, it's a pleasure to meet you. I've heard quite a bit about you and was rather taken aback when my father requested that I meet with you today instead of him. Is that alright with you?"

"What's the point of asking me that now? Shouldn't I have been informed of the change beforehand?"

Namjoon closed his eyes, refraining from uttering a single word. He understood that speaking up would not have been wise, particularly given Taehyung's status as King.

Yoongi nodded in agreement to Taehyung's words. He said, "You are right. I will share your words with my father so he can revisit his thoughts in the future on how these matters are handled. He did send a gift for you, which I am sure you will find acceptable in his absence. He wanted to congratulate you on becoming King and your recent marriage. It's already been handed over to your guards for their inspection."

"That's quite thoughtful of Mr. Min. I hope it's useful to me and my Omega. Speaking of my Omega, I'm interested in how you know him?" Taehyung inquired, casually sliding his seat back.

Namjoon's eyes widened initially, but he gradually eased up upon realizing that Taehyung remained motionless after that.

Without giving it much consideration, Yoongi casually said, "I can't really claim to know a whole lot about your Omega. I might have crossed paths with him several times when invited to the Park's kingdom. From what I recall, he seemed polite, but Prince Jimin and I didn't interact much."

"Prince Jimin?" Taehyung asked, his eyebrows knitting together in confusion as he tried to make sense of Yoongi's answer. However, he quickly remembered his previous conversation with Jungkook. "That Omega is not my mate. My mate is Prince Seokjin. I'm interested in learning about your previous interactions with him."

Yoongi's expression transformed into sheer shock, evident to anyone who glanced his way. Taehyung, wearing an amused expression, couldn't help but notice Yoongi's racing heartbeat.

Within seconds, Taehyung swiftly rose from his seat and began pacing towards Yoongi's location, catching Namjoon off guard as he stood up to observe Taehyung's movements.

Yoongi's gaze tracked Taehyung's approach, his expression mixed with confusion and disbelief. He struggled to make sense of the situation: the Omega he had planned to mate with was now claimed by Kim Taehyung.

Yoongi, Namjoon, and the guards were caught off guard as Taehyung effortlessly grabbed Yoongi and forcefully pinned him to the uncaring concrete. Taehyung's foot landed on Yoongi's throat as he spun around to face the guards, who were holding their weapons tremblingly and pointed at him.