5. Chapter Five

Jimin was abruptly awakened by the loud slam of the door, prompting immediate concern about what had caused the disturbance. He left the bedroom to check out the situation, feeling his Alpha's distress. The energy arising from his Alpha intensified his worry, making him ponder what had upset Jungkook.

"Is everything okay?" Jimin asked with concern as he observed the disarray of broken objects on the floor.

Jungkook decided not to respond, opting to keep his back facing him. Jimin cautiously walked up to Jungkook, inhaling deeply before embracing him from behind, aiming to offer comfort and calmness.

"Whatever it is, I am sure it's not worth you being upset like this, so please calm down and let's go to bed."

Instead of finding comfort in Jimin's words, Jungkook became more enraged. He whirled around and grabbed Jimin's throat, applying pressure while glaring at him. "What do you know about it not being worth it? Huh, what do you know?"

Jimin grasped Jungkook's hands tightly, his eyes wide and pleading as he struggled to breathe.

Letting go of Jimin's neck, Jungkook grabbed him by the collar of his shirt and pulled him closer, staring intensely into his eyes. "Don't you dare say my anger isn't justified! I just went through something really tough. If you want to help me, ask how you can improve as an Omega!"

Jimin struggled to control his emotions, taking deep breaths before speaking softly, "Jungkook, you're hurting me. I'm not sure what caused an issue for you, but I was trying to offer some comfort. I am sorry if my words didn't help. I wasn't trying to imply that it's wrong for you to be angry, but I was trying to say that whatever or whoever makes you angry is not worth it."

"Of course, I know he is not worth it; I didn't need you to tell me that! I know what's worth it and what's not, and right now, you are starting to not feel worth it for me!"

"Wow." Jimin swallowed hard, trying to hold back his tears as a lump formed in his throat.

Jungkook noticed the evident pain in his Omega's eyes and saw how quickly his once strong and charismatic presence faded.

He let go of Jimin's shirt and wrapped his other arm around the Omega's waist, pulling him close for a hug and kissing his head. "I didn't mean to say that. I had a rough night."

Jimin inhaled his Alpha scent, staying quiet as Jungkook nuzzled into his neck and bit down, finding comfort in their pheromones mixing.

"I love you," Jungkook said as he leaned back and gazed into Jimin's eyes. Jimin smiled and returned his words, causing Jungkook to lean in and capture his lips as he sought a distraction.

*****

Feeling a wave of anxiety, Hoseok made his way back to the King's office. He was hopeful that his presence had escaped the King's memory and that the King would not request another meeting, particularly given what he had witnessed.

Having grown up in Kim's kingdom, he was already familiar with Taehyung's power. However, he had never witnessed another Alpha display the actions he saw Taehyung take against Jungkook.

He knew Jungkook was quite intimidating from past interactions and took care to steer clear of him. Witnessing Taehyung effortlessly overpowering Jungkook and bringing him to his knees instantly intensified his fear of the King.

As the guards at the door granted him access, he hesitated before entering the King's office, showing his nervousness by taking a deep breath.

As he stepped into the room, he caught sight of the King seated at his desk, his eyes fixed on an unseen item.