Chapter Eight

A/N. Reviews.

"I actually fukin love this soo muchhhh" -Sankarea396

Thank you. I love it too!

"GODSSS! I can't immagine what Artemis' reaction to all of this when she finds out hehehehe" -Sankarea396

It's certainly going to be something.

"Cant wait to see what happens next!" -Prenicolado

Well here you go!

"Nice chapter dude, keep it up" -Guest

Thanks man, will do.

Onto the chapter!

Chapter Eight

The nightmare started off as a really good dream. Percy was back in his apartment, years ago, laying in his bed. He was cuddled up with Annabeth, as a thunderstorm raged outside. They barely fit on his twin sized mattress. A lamp on his nightstand provided them with light.

Annabeth's fingers idly played with his hair as he listened to the sound of rain splattering against the window. It was nice, quiet moments like this. They hadn't had many since the end of the Second Giant War.

The door to his room was cracked open. In the living room, his mom was probably writing and Paul was probably grading papers. Estelle had just been put down for the night. It was so domestic, the thought made him smile. His family was together, and safe.

Percy's eyes dropped, the rain making him feel sleepy. He felt happy. The last time he had would have to have been before he found out he was a demigod.

"What next?" Annabeth muttered.

"What do you mean?"

"After college? What then?"

"Jobs, I guess."

"Hm."

Percy shifted, rolling onto his stomach and almost off the bed. He looked up at her. "We'll figure it out. We always do."

"Except you never did." A voice spoke from the shadows. Suddenly everything around him froze like someone had paused a video. Annabeth's mouth was open, like she was about to say something. Outside, a lightning bolt was in the air, trying to reach the ground and failing.

From the shadow created by his window frame, emerged Lucifer, looking far too rich to ever be in his apartment. His tuxedo was perfectly tailored. The button alone probably could've been sold to pay their rent for a year. "She left you."

"You're dead." Percy said. He wanted to go back to the way things were. But much like real life, it simply just wasn't happening.

"You know what they say. No one is ever truly dead until everyone forgets them."

The apartment melted into darkness. Suddenly he was standing, surrounded by nothingness. A fine layer of mist obscured the ground he was standing on. The mist swirled around him like he was in the center of a tornado. The sound of the mist whirling buzzed in his ears, overpowering his mind. He closed his eyes and put his hands over his ears, but to no avail.

He opened his eyes to find himself back on Olympus in the throne room. Dionysus's throne was damaged, with holes in the walls. This was just after his fight with Kronos. In front of him, he could see Luke on his knees, holding Annabeth's knife. With one swift motion, Luke stabbed himself in the armpit, his mortal point. He howled in pain, his eyes wide. Blood poured from the cut like a burst water pipe. He laid his eyes on Percy. "Ethan... me... all the unclaimed" He said through dying gasps. "Don't... Don't let it happen again."