Chapter Ten

A/N. Reviews!

"Damn I kinda feel bad for Artemis, though mostly percy tho, I feel like they should go on a date where Artemis feels comfortable? like teaching percy how to shoot a bow also GREAT FUKIN CHAPTER! I can't wait for the next one" -Sankarea396

Yeah, they are in a pretty shitty situation. But oh boy, you're gonna love this chapter. Hopefully.

"Not gonna lie. I thought Percy (or someone else) would reveal Percy being the King of Hell. Would have been funny. Good chapter regardless." -GokuBlackSSJR14

Not yet. Not yet.

"Is he going to tell ger about hell and his kingship next time ? I mean, the honesty card is probably the best way to save his marriage and it's not as if Artemis is stupid, she knows Zeus would go crazy if he learnt about it" -Ladis11

See, here's the thing. You are completely, 100% right. But you also have the perspective of an outsider looking in. From Percy's POV, he doesn't know if Artemis would do that, especially if it would... well, I address it in the beginning of this chapter.

"Also, while I agree with your point about fanon overgrazing Percy's accomplishments in the original series, I think this also misses the point that by the end of book 9 he has a shonen rage moment that literally has a primordial goddess of misery and pain crying for mercy and begging to be spared. Via warping her domain that he's not even supposed to have that much control over. He's not the same kid at HOO's end as he was when remarkably surviving Ares at 12 to land a lucky paper cut or even the same one who held their own but could not kill Hyperion at 15-16. I think there are extremes to both sides of people trying to power scale this character and in my personal opinion you seem to be on the end of underselling it.

However I do agree that the heart of the franchise and character being lovable doesn't have anything to do with power scaling nonsense in the first place and I don't particularly need to see such things to enjoy a story.

Just writing out some thoughts on your opening comments bro. No hate Love and appreciate your writing talents and your story so far all the way" -Psych1c

Yeah... And usually, I am actually in the OP Percy camp, so when trying to ground him, I think I swung too far the other way to overcompensate lmao. But yeah, either way, he's gonna get more powerful later, so it'll satiate that.

"Post chapter thoughts; Cute and awkward, almost relatable in a way lol. For both couples/would be couples.

Question: I thought you said Artemis would have a specific speech pattern where she doesn't use contractions when she talks? But I don't see that here" -Psych1c

Good, good. That's what I was going for. As for Artemis's speech pattern, I looked over the last chapter and I missed 2 or three instances. I tried to be more diligent in this chap, but I do suck at editing lmao. (Also, there is an apostrophe near the end in this chap, but it used to show ownership, not as a contraction.)

"damn that suvks. poor percy. i hope artemis gives him a break and actually tries to make their forced arrangmemt better" -Ragori Mitternacht

I mean, could you blame her? Percy ditched her, is lying about it, (Which she suspects), he's not exactly in the right here. Guess we'll just have to see how it unfolds.

"This seems very interesting. I can't wait to read Artemis' reaction to her fiance being the King of Hell"

Thank you. That's not for a little bit. Another 4-5 chapters maybe. I don't know for sure.