new kid on the block

Ok listen.

Percy hadn't been planning to pay any attention to the new kid. I mean, this is Yancy. But to be fair, Sasha Calista Laurier wasn't just any new kid.

Firstly, while Percy would never admit this now if anyone asked, Sasha is quite pretty. She has this tan skin which glitters gold in the light, her long brown hair always looks soft to the touch and her eyes. She had these eyes which you just can't look away from, startlingly light blue, like shallow water right at the shore. And when the light hit them they turned almost white, like pure sunlight. Percy couldn't help being intrigued by her.

Secondly, she seemed very similar to him. Percy couldn't help but overhear that she also has ADHD and dyslexia. This made Percy think he and Sasha would inevitably become friends.

Until that all went to shit.

Just hold up you'll see.

So, Yancy Academy is a school for 'delinquents' right. Well, kinda. It's mostly a school for kids with rich parents who let them get away with shit, then send them to boarding school because of said shit.

BUT.

Percy didn't feel like he was a delinquent. He never went looking for trouble. Trouble somehow managed to find him. Okay so maybe he had started a couple fights. But in Percy's defence he was on the side of justice, not unnecessary violence. And he certainly wasn't rich.

Anyway.

At first, Sasha didn't seem that bad. At least not Nancy Bobofit bad who picked on people like his best friend Grover for no reason. Sasha didn't do that. In fact, her and Grover seemed to become friends instantly. Percy thought he saw Sasha nod at Grover on her first day when approaching the front, as if they already knew each other. But that was impossible. So Percy decided it was probably his imagination.

But even though Sasha wasn't a bully like Nancy, she somehow managed to get under his skin worse than anyone else. She knew exactly what to say and which buttons to press to make him angrier than anyone else can. not like that.

Maybe it was how she held herself. Like she was sooo high and mighty because she was soooo rich. She looked like she lived in this massive mansion and had holiday homes in three countries, and if she didn't she definitely acted like it.

Maybe it was because she is the only person to call him by his government name, Perseus Achilles Jackson. God, he hated his full name and judging by how she uses it then fights to hide a smirk, she definitely knew it.

Who was Percy kidding.

It was because she was better than him. You'd think they'd be on the same level because of both their ADHD and dyslexia. But noooo. She just had to show off that she could actually be a good student despite the fact she got sent to a school for delinquents. And even in Percy's favourite class with his favourite teacher Mr Brunner, she felt the need to show off just how much more than Percy she knew. And Percy thought Mr Brunner would back him and stop asking her but he seemed to love it, always turning to Sasha when Percy got it wrong.

But it was the other stuff as well.

first chapterrr. just thought you'd want a sneak peek at sasha before we meet her.

thoughts?