Chapter 19

The mansion had three floors in total. The stairwell led to the second floor living room, which directly aced the balcony and had a bar and pool rack, and to the right was a corridor leading to Taehyung’s bedroom.

Jimin paused at the threshold and peered in, hesitant to enter.

Taehyung switched on the lights and pulled Jimin inside.

Jimin hurriedly backed away, ending up by the window. “Don’t mess around,” he said to Taehyung.

Taehyung gave him a cold stare. His footsteps shifted slowly, but he was heading in the direction of the bathroom.

After Taehyung finally disappeared behind the bathroom door, Jimin breathed a sigh of relief and began surveying the room.

It was a typical bedroom, spacious and simple, with a double bed in the centre and a built-in wardrobe on one wall.

Jimin had expected to see Taehyung’s childhood mementos, but all he found was a photograph of a group of people on his nightstand.

Someone in the photo appeared to be Taehyung in his teens. He was already quite tall at that age, and a shadow of his current handsomeness was present in his facial features. Beside him stood two identical omega youths, Yoongi and Juyoon. The two boys were clinging to each other, their affection palpable. On his other side was the last person in the photo, a similarly young omega; he bore no resemblance to the Kim family, but he was a very beautiful omega with curved brows, bright eyes, and a sweet smile.

Jimin picked up the photo and looked at it for a moment before putting it back down. He returned to the window and looked down, discovering that it had a direct view of the garden. Moths flitted around the garden lights, which were still brightly lit.

Taehyung emerged from the bathroom in his pyjamas a few moments later. “Go take a shower,” he instructed Jimin as he buttoned his pyjama shirt.

Jimin remained motionless. “Are we really sleeping here?” he asked Taehyung. “There’s only one bed.”

Taehyung’s body continued to exude warm steam. His sideburns were damp from the shower, as was his skin. He took a seat on the edge of the bed. “I’m not going to do anything to you.”

Jimin looked at him for a moment before shifting his feet cautiously towards the bathroom.

While the bathroom was all fogged up, the mirror was clear. Jimin curiously wiped at its surface and found it hot. He then noticed a pair of cups and toothbrushes on the bathroom counter, as well as multiple clean towels on the rack next to it.

He walked to the door he’d just locked and opened it, poking his head out to inquire, “Is the toothbrush in here mine?”

Taehyung rose from the bed and approached him, pushing Jimin aside as he pushed open the door. He pointed out which towel and toothbrush belonged to Jimin and told him that the clean pyjamas on the shelf were also his.

All of the items were clean, but they were clearly not new.

The undeniable proof that he’d previously stayed here muddled his thoughts. He pushed Taehyung out of the bathroom and shut the door behind him so he could shower.

Before going to bed, Jimin found some clean sheets in the cupboard. He knelt on the bed, rolled the sheet into a thin line, and draped it across the middle of the bed as a barrier between himself and Taehyung.

Taehyung sat to the side, watching him with cool indifference. When Jimin looked up after he finished positioning the bed sheets, Taehyung said, “Have you lost your mind?”