Recovery

Kiriko POV:

I was in the medical ward, explaining to Angela what happened to Kenji, while Genji was sitting in the corner, recalling the last time he encountered the gas, I completely forgot of the stuff that Angela and Genji where doing just a few hours ago, I only cared about how to get Kenji back, Raze team barged in, "Kiriko! Some dudes are moving the boss! We got snipers, should we shoot them?" "go ahead, we can't risk anyone weaponizing Kenji, in fact, let's pick him up"

I ran with Raze team to a helicopter, we got in and took the flight, It was quite stressful, but I am just peachy, I grabbed my kunai and saw 2 kitted out men dragging a rabid Kenji, I jumped down, I screamed "AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" One of the men looked up, and froze, before yelling "holy shit! There's a girl falling from the-" I landed on him, cutting his throat, before throwing my kunai at the second guy, I dragged Kenji, gunshots erupted towards me, Raze team jumped down, and began returning fire, an explosion erupted before me, I shielded Kenji, who was gasping for air, "Kiriko! You came back!" "Yeah, now let's get outta here" I pulled Kenji by his arm, he pulled out his pistol and began shooting at the men, he was

I exhaled as I dragged Kenji into the medical ward, before Angela and Genji rushed in and put him in a kind of table-ish thing, with restraints, but it was standing, Kenji's skin was becoming pale, not normal, not purple, but straight up becoming a ghost, I remembered I always kept Suzus on me, I opened his mouth, "open wide Kenji" I popped open a Suzu, his lips touched the Suzu container, and I tilted it, blue liquid gushed into his mouth, a blue light passed through his throat, before settling down, his face started to turn a normal color, but then out of nowhere,a surge of purple rushed in, but Angela, in her genius mind, stuck the syringe of the cure straight into his neck when the purple was approaching, but the purple was completely removed, I laughed in relief, and fell on the floor, Kenji's eyes flew open, he started gasping for air, "GAH!" "GENJI! KIRIKO! ANGELA! OH MY GOD I THOUGHT I WAS DEAD" and then he fell asleep almost instantly, Angela explained, "He is physically fine, however, he is suffering from something called "Nostalgic Poison" where someone randomly gets flashes from a long time ago, even memories from before they were born, I approximate that it will take about 1-2 weeks, so Kiriko, if you want, you can sleep in another room, because there will be a lot of random screaming in the middle of the night from your boyfriend, he will be aware, however, mid-whatever he's doing, he'll just stop and remembering, and either A, he'll start crying and going into a murderous rampage when in a fight, or B, He would activate 1000-yard stare" "I'll stay with him, when he's awake, he's gonna need someone" Genji walked up and handed me a firearm muffling headset he looked me dead in the eyes and said "trust me, you'll need it"

I sat next to Kenji's bed, he was dozing off, and then he started screaming My head slowly turned to Kenji, who was now crying, and he let out a loud gasp, I gently touched his shoulder, "I'm here Kenji"

"I'm here"

(A/N, I know this is a short chapter, it's mainly focused on how Kenji got rekt by the gas, and he's kind of powerless, and Kiriko kind of becomes the guardian, I know, pretty stupid, but hey, I made this on the go, spare me" )