Chapter 1. Light at the end of tunnel

January 1,2024

I don't care what William says, winter is the best season of the year. Calm and quiet, the town mesmerized me more than anything when there was snowfall. Today was such a day. It was snowing lightly and all I wanted was to snuggle in my blankets watching home alone and drinking hot chocolate.

"William can we please take a day off today? It's such a beautiful weather. Let's go to the park and build a snowman" I chirped.

He sighed. "How can I deny my little sister?" I squealed and hugged him.

It's been months since we escaped the brothers.  Life gave me a second chance and I loved it dearly. We rented a small flat and William and I began working as part timr employees. We bought fake IDs with the name Emma Johnson and Jack Johnson. We were certain the brothers will never catch us. Ever.

I dressed up in my large overcoat and off we walked to the park. I started building a snowman with William and when we finished, we clicked a picture with the camera.

I really miss dad. I wish we could have taken him with us as well.  But I believed it was just a matter of time.  Soon the brothers will move on and we will move back to our hometown.

As we were leaving the park, we were stopped by 2 cops.

"Emma and Jack Johnson?"

I was confused as they knew our names.

"Yes" William replied.

"You both  are arrested for forging documents."