19

Son Chaeyoung:
Hey Minari, sorry about the random call earlier. I think I accidentally dialed your number. Didn't mean to bother you. Anyway, hope everything's good on your end. See you at work.

Mina read Chaeyoung's text multiple times, each repetition rekindling the memory of the scene she witnessed at her apartment. After much contemplation, she chose not to respond, unsure of what to say or how to address it.

"So she really didn't mean to call me," Mina murmured to herself, a bitter laugh escaping her lips. "Pabo."

Her weekend flew by while she remained glued to her bed, hardly stirring from her room and when her mom checked in, she brushed it off, blaming her lack of energy on "that time of the month." And before she knew it, Monday had rolled around, catching her by surprise.

Mina groggily reached for her phone, startled by the blaring alarm. With a lazy stretch, she dragged herself out of bed.

Despite her best efforts to psych herself up, Mina couldn't shake the feeling of dread about going to work. The mere thought of facing Nayeon and Chaeyoung filled her with unease.

After taking a bath, Mina stood in front of her mirror as she stared at her own reflection. She repeated to herself that everything would be okay. That Nayeon was a great person and Chaeyoung was fine, that's all that matters. She tried to convince herself that facing them wouldn't be as daunting as she imagined.

"Come on, Mina," she whispered to herself, her voice barely audible in her quiet room. "You've got this."

With a heavy heart, Mina dragged herself to the office, silently urging herself to just play it cool; to not show any signs she's affected by it.

Stepping into their office's elevator, Mina was relieved to find Sana already inside but just when the doors were about to close, someone stopped them. To her surprise, it was none other than Nayeon and Chaeyoung.

Nayeon was feeding Chaeyoung a piece of bread and their laughter were echoing in the confined space. Mina couldn't help but feel a pang of discomfort as she watched them, wondering how she would manage the day with them around.

The two didn't seem to notice Sana and Mina until Sana spoke up, saying, "Me too."

Nayeon glanced over and was surprised to find Sana and Mina inside the elevator with them. "Oh, didn't notice you were there. You want some too, Sana-ssi?"

Sana nodded eagerly, "Yep, please" She then opened her mouth in anticipation.

Nayeon chuckled, her laughter bouncing off the metal walls. "Sure thing, here you go."

Chaeyoung, wearing a mischievous grin, chimed in, "Looks like we're having a breakfast party in the elevator."

Mina, mustering a smile, couldn't shake off the discomfort creeping over her. "Yeah, lucky us."

Chaeyoung, distracted by Nayeon and Sana's playful banter, was oblivious to Mina's unintentional sarcasm. "Good morning, Minari. How are you? Did you get my message?" She asked, her voice filled with genuine concern.

"Oh yeah, I just read it and forgot to reply. Sorry." Mina replied, her tone carefully rehearsed to sound casual.

"Oh, no, I'm the one who should be sorry. I'm sure I made you worry." Chaeyoung responded with a hint of regret in her voice.

Mina quickly waved off Chaeyoung's concern with a practiced smile, "Oh, it's fine. I was in the neighborhood anyway."

"Really? That's good then. I didn't want to inconvenience you," Chaeyoung replied, relief evident in her voice.