Chapter 1 A Tight Squeeze

Main Characters

Smile Critter Name: FoxFear

Kid Soul trapped inside: Y/N

Height: 12-15 inches tall Medium Plush Size, (They's a Small baby) Yes, FoxFear can be considered a "migit"

Status: Unused from the Smiling Critters TV show, was about to be sold as a plushie before the hour of joy happened.

Smell: Chamomile

Sanity: Fragile (Due to still being a kid and being alone for so long)

Age: FoxFear (10) Y/N (Y/N's age is not explicitly mentioned in the story but based on the timeline provided (set 10 years after the Hour of Joy in 1995), we can estimate their age. If we assume that Y/N was at the age where they enjoyed the Smiling Critters TV show and plush toys, we can infer that they were likely a child around 10-12 years old in 1995. This would mean that Y/N would be around 20-22 years old at the time of the events in the story, which is set 10 years after the Hour of Joy in 2005.)

Looks: An anthropomorphic Fox Plushie has unspecified fur, eyes and tail color for the readers imagination. Unlike the other Smiling Critters FoxFear's mouth is not limited to a wide smiling grin instead is more expressive, and their eyes are not black buttons instead they have more expressive eyes. They possess a zipper line running down their center, with the zipper sporting a candle pendant. Under the expressive eyes are pitch-black eyeholes with white pupils that are able to look around. (Y/N's soul)

Their cartoon appearance is roughly the same as their toy appearance, albeit with their zipper line removed, the addition of white pupils, and the zipper pendant attached to a black necklace.

Unlike the rest of the Smiling Critters, both their Plush and Tv versions are uncappable of speech and verbal communication, when they do speak its usually only a few words due to their fearful nature.

Like the other Smiling Critters, the pull of their tail will make a scent puff out of their mouth, this was intended to make children fall asleep easier or relax them from fear. In their example "Camomile"

Personality: FoxFear is a timid and anxious plushie who is always on edge, constantly worrying about the unknown and the dangers lurking around every corner. DogDay(Not shown yet) always tries to bring them out of their comfort zone, but this drives them back into it. They have extreme anxiety, often appearing extremely jumpy and constantly afraid.

Background: FoxFear was originally created for the Smiling Critters TV show as a side character, but due to budget cuts, their character was cut before their episodes could be produced. They were set to be sold as plushies to fans of the show, but the hour of joy happened before they could be released to the public.

Relationships: The only Smiling Critter they've interacted with was DogDay in the TV series cut episode, and they were constantly at odds with each other due to FoxFear's fearful nature clashing with DogDay's adventurous personality. However, the two eventually began to form a begrudging respect for each other, with DogDay trying to help FoxFear overcome their anxieties.

Name: Player

Background: The Player is an ex-employee who quit the Playtime Co. factory 10 years ago before the Hour of Joy. They have returned to the factory after the mysterious disappearance of all the workers, unaware of the dark events that had taken place there a decade ago.

Personality: The Player exhibits a mix of determination, fear, and curiosity as they navigate through the factory with FoxFear. Despite being creeped out by the eerie atmosphere and unsettling events; Player shows bravery and a willingness to go deeper into the unknown to uncover the truth.