A

As Jungkook waited anxiously for Lisa's response, she felt torn apart inside. His confession stirred up a whirlwind of emotions, but amidst the chaos, one thing remained clear: her heart still belonged to her late boyfriend, the father of her child.

Tears spilled down Lisa's cheeks as she struggled to find the right words. "Jungkook, I... I appreciate your honesty and your love for me. But... but I'm still not over what happened last year. I loved him so much, and losing him was the hardest thing I've ever had to endure."

"Jungkook," Lisa's voice quivered with emotion as she struggled to articulate her feelings. "I... I don't know if I can give you what you deserve. My heart still belongs to him, and I'm not sure if I'll ever be able to let go."

Tears continued to stream down her cheeks as she spoke, her vulnerability laid bare before him. "I don't want to hurt you, Jungkook. You've been so good to me, and I value our friendship more than anything. But I can't pretend that I'm ready to move on, not yet."

Her words hung heavy in the air, the weight of her confession settling between them. She felt a mixture of relief and guilt, knowing that she had spoken her truth but also realizing the pain she had inadvertently caused Jungkook.

"I hope you understand," Lisa whispered, her voice barely audible above the quiet hum of the room. "I just need more time."

Jungkook's expression fell as he listened to Lisa's words, his heart aching for her pain. He had known about her past, about the tragedy that had left her shattered, but hearing her speak about it now only deepened his understanding of the depth of her grief.

"I understand, Lisa," Jungkook murmured softly, his voice filled with empathy. "I don't expect you to forget him or move on so quickly. But please know that I'll always be here for you, no matter what. I'll wait for you, for as long as it takes."

Despite his words, Lisa couldn't shake the guilt gnawing at her heart. She knew that Jungkook deserved someone who could love him fully and completely, someone who could reciprocate the depth of his feelings. But right now, she couldn't be that person.

As they sat in silence, enveloped by the weight of their emotions, Lisa knew that their journey was far from over. But with Jungkook by her side, she felt a glimmer of hope flicker within her, a reminder that even in the darkest of times, love had the power to heal and to mend what was broken.

Lisa's heart felt like a battlefield, torn between the past and the present. The memory of her beloved boyfriend, the father of her child, loomed large in her mind, casting a shadow over any possibility of moving forward. She still loved him with every fiber of her being, his absence leaving an emptiness that seemed impossible to fill.

The pain of his loss was still fresh, a wound that refused to heal despite the passing of time. Every day felt like a struggle, a constant battle against the memories that threatened to consume her. And now, faced with Jungkook's confession of love, she found herself grappling with emotions she wasn't prepared to confront.

Guilt gnawed at her conscience as she thought about Jungkook, the kind and caring man who had stood by her side through it all. He deserved happiness, someone who could love him unreservedly, yet she couldn't shake the lingering hold her past still had on her heart.

But amidst the turmoil, Lisa couldn't ignore the flicker of hope that burned within her. Jungkook's unwavering support and understanding had become a beacon of light in her darkest moments, offering her solace and comfort when she needed it most.

As she looked into Jungkook's eyes, she saw the depth of his love and the sincerity of his intentions. It was both a balm to her wounded soul and a reminder of the complexities of her own heart.

For now, Lisa knew she needed time to heal, to come to terms with her past before she could even begin to contemplate a future with Jungkook. But with his patient presence by her side, she felt a glimmer of hope that one day, she might find the courage to love again.

Jungkook's heart sank as he listened to Lisa's words, the weight of her honesty hitting him like a tidal wave. He had known that her feelings for her late boyfriend ran deep, but hearing her speak about it so openly made the reality of their situation all too clear.

For a moment, he felt a surge of disappointment and hurt, a pang of rejection that threatened to engulf him. But as he looked into Lisa's tear-filled eyes, he saw the raw vulnerability etched across her face, and he knew that his own pain paled in comparison to hers.

Taking a deep breath to steady himself, Jungkook reached out and gently wiped away Lisa's tears with his thumb. "Lisa," he said softly, his voice filled with understanding. "I understand. And I respect your honesty more than anything."

He paused for a moment, gathering his thoughts before continuing. "I know that healing takes time, and I'll be here for you every step of the way. Whether as a friend or something more, I'll always cherish our bond and the connection we share."

A sense of peace washed over Lisa as she listened to Jungkook's words, grateful for his unwavering support and acceptance. Despite the uncertainty of what the future held, she found solace in knowing that she wasn't alone, that Jungkook would be there to walk alongside her through the darkness until she found her way back into the light.

As they sat there, enveloped in a bittersweet moment of understanding, Lisa felt a sense of gratitude wash over her. She realized how fortunate she was to have Jungkook in her life, someone who not only accepted her flaws but also stood by her side through her darkest moments.

"Thank you, Jungkook," Lisa whispered, her voice filled with genuine appreciation. "For everything."

Jungkook offered her a tender smile, his eyes reflecting a mixture of compassion and affection. "You don't have to thank me, Lisa," he replied softly. "I'll always be here for you, no matter what."

With those words, a sense of peace settled over Lisa's troubled heart. Though the road ahead remained uncertain, she knew that as long as Jungkook was by her side, she would find the strength to face whatever challenges came her way.

Together, they sat in companionable silence, their hearts entwined in a bond forged by love, loss, and the unwavering promise of hope. And as they embraced the present moment, they found solace in the simple truth that sometimes, just knowing someone cares can make all the difference in the world.