chapter four

chapter four:

no man's land S1 : E4

Nadine's alarm didn't go off at four thirty like it normally did, but she still woke up anyways, for no point

Nadine's alarm didn't go off at four thirty like it normally did, but she still woke up anyways, for no point. Seeing as she was off work for the next two shifts since getting knocked over by a bike. George found it funny, Nadine found it annoying.

She heard him getting up and out of bed as she heard her daughters laughter. "You sure you don't need me?" He questioned his sister for the fifth time as she shook her head.

"I am twenty five, I'm fine. Cara and I will be okay, I think she's planning on a disney movie marathon." He said his goodbyes as her three year old climbed into bed. 

Handing the remote to her daughter she checked her phone to find a message from an unknown number. "Hope you're feeling better. -McGleamy." Blush spread through her cheeks as she read the message.

Her phone buzzed again with another text. "Heard you're off shift, don't go swan diving into any more bikes please. -Evilspawn." Giggles erupted from her lips as Cara chose the little mermaid to start with.

Whilst they waited for the film to load, she saved the unknown number as Alex (Evilspawn) and shut her phone off, focusing on the mermaid.

An hour later and Cara was struggling to sit still. "Mommy, why does her daddy get angry because she likes Eric?" She questioned as Nadine thought.

"Well, the King knows that Ariel is still a child but Eric is an adult, and he wants to keep his baby girl safe." Cara settled down and paid attention to the film as Nadine dozed off.

When the film finished Cara started Sleeping Beauty and after that film came Nadine's favourite ever film, Beauty and the Beast which she woke up for. "Why can't our cups and plates talk?" Cara asked her seriously as the film finished.

"Because Chip and Mrs Potts are magical, they were enchanted. Our ones are boring from the shop." Nadine kissed Cara's head. "Never get older." She smiled as her daughter giggled, playing Cinderella.

Both O'Malley women fell asleep with Cinderella playing in the background, around seven in the evening Cara woke up her mom for dinner.

Since she had woken up, she'd had a pain behind her eyes and as she stood up dizziness swooped on her, before it washed away.

Cutting toast into squares before buttering it for her daughter and herself, Nadine noticed her hand shaking as she got a glass for herself and her daughter's sippy cup. 

Her eye kept blinking, but only the right one as she filled her glass up. In one hand she had the drinks and the other the plate of toast.