chapter five

chapter two:

shake your groove thing S1 : E5

It was the last shift without Nadine before she returned from medical leave, she'd been seizure free for three days and was hopeful it would last

George had stayed at Meredith's the night before so she wasn't woken up by his loud footsteps in the morning, instead her devil daughter jumped on her.

"Movie day!" She had shouted in her mom's ear as she tickled the three year old. The time was eleven am as they decided on treasure planet, then moving on to tarzan, then lilo and stitch and then pocahontas and after that it was lunch time.

The films were all Cara's choices but heavily influenced by Nadine. For lunch Nadine made toast and raspberry jam, with orange juice and pom bear crisps. They ate in bed and started chicken little, the one film Nadine allowed herself to sleep through.

Ever since Cara could talk, she would say 'Chick this' meaning the film, it was her favourite ever disney film, overall. Nadine's favourite princess film was definitely Beauty and the Beast, and Cara's was the Little Mermaid. Overall, Nadine loved treasure planet.

Cara woke her mom up at eight for dinner, so she made her spaghetti and cheese, not eating anything herself. George walked through the door annoyed. "Go to the party George. I'm fine." She said without turning around.

"Why aren't you eating?" He questioned, making the woman jump a mile in the air. Nadine shook her head as she gave the plate of food to her daughter and made one for George.

She sat down at the table with a bottle of water from the freezer. "Not hungry, I had toast earlier with jam and some crisps." A yawn escaped her open lips as she shook her head at her brother. 

George stared at her in concern as he ate his dinner. "Meredith could've lost her job today. She popped a glove whilst holding a heart, but she confessed infront of the patient's husband." Nadine gasped slightly as she left the table and climbed into the shower.

Rinsing her long blonde hair, coating it in raspberry shampoo and conditioner, brushing it through before washing it out. She scrubbed at her legs and shaved her legs and armpits. Plucked her eyebrows, popped a spot and cleaned her face.

Moisturizing her face with raspberry nivea sensitive skin, she could hear George putting her daughter to sleep. She tied her silky hair into a messy bun with her scrunchie.

Nadine wanted to look nice, feel confident, and maybe, eventually get back out there. Maybe. Lord knows, her parents wanted their baby girl to fall in love, after the assault, she gave up on love and after Cara was born, she didn't have time.