Information and Choices

When her feet hit the ground at the end of the tube, something felt off. She quickly adjusted herself and headed off, but hearing muttering by one of the crates made her stop.She looked to see a blond girl rocking back and forth as she muttered about shadows and kids. She slowly approaches the girl.

"Hey there, are you okay?"

"They are all gone, my friends. It took my sister last night."

"Okay darling, why don't we get you home? I bet your parents are worried about you."

The girl nods and takes her offered hand, then clings to her arm. As they walk, Emerson makes small talk finding out the girl's name is Rhylie and that she is 13. When they get to the main section of the small town, there are adults standing in the doors looking worried. Rhylie detaches from Emerson and bolts to a relieved looking woman. Rhylie hugs the lady who quickly ushers her into the house as Emerson approaches.

"A Traveler I take it?"

"Yes, just passing through, I found her by the tube. Muttering about shadows and kids."

"No time to explain, there is a curfew, do you have a place to stay?"

"Yes, a friend at the edge of town. I'll make my way there."

"Thank you for bringing her home."

Emerson nods and makes her way to the person who texted her, wondering what was going on there. With a quick knock she is pulled into a house meeting worried golden eyes. She doesn't even say anything, just puts her stuff in the extra room and comes back to the kitchen where she is handed a cup of tea.

"So do you want to tell me what is going on and why kids are muttering about shadows and missing children."

"That's what I wanted your help with, I haven't been around as long as you."

"Explain everything."

They sigh and nod trying to rack their brain on how exactly to start telling Emerson the strangeness that has been happening in Infra.

Emerson lets out a sigh trying to put everything going on. Someone really is trying to freak everyone out. She is trying to figure out what exactly she could do.

"Why don't you get rest, and call Artie in the morning."

"Was trying to avoid calling him."

"Either way you look exhausted, get some rest."

She nods and heads to the extra room in the house, trying to sleep, but it wasn't coming to her. Too much was going on in her brain. Too much has happened since she woke up.

In the morning, Emerson wakes up to the smell of breakfast and voices. Getting up, they head into the kitchen to find Gwen talking to Rhylie, making them smile.

"Morning you two."

"Emerson! You know Gwen?"

"For a long time now."

"Cool! So uh, what is your gender?"

"I'm a girl, but don't fuss about it, I'm used to the question."

"Okay." The blonde beams.

"Rhylie it's time to go '' Gwen states.

"But-"

"Don't argue, you are 13, you know better."

Rhylie pouts but nods, giving Gwen a hug before she leaves. Emerson is shaken from her thoughts as the door closes. She pulls her phone out but puts it away, knowing he would think she was calling for a different reason. Like knowing her thoughts, Gwen walks up and hands her a different cell phone, it was already ringing for the person they needed.