Get Ready

She sighed, they were having the same argument they have been having for the past week or so and she knew that it wasn't going to end the way that she wanted it to.

"It's not a good idea."

"Nothing right now is a good or bad idea but I don't want to go down there. We haven't perfected the world underground. What if the tunnel collapses?"

"That is a risk I am willing to take, but I think that we will be okay."

"What do I have to do to get us on the same page?"

"I don't think we will ever be on the same page about this," He sighs.

"No, clearly not."

"How about this, I know it's not the best solution, but it's all I can think of at the moment."

"What?"

"You stay here like you want, and I will go down there."

"We will probably never see each other again."

"We have our cell phones. I think that if we were meant to be with each other we will find our way back together."

She takes a deep breath, trying not to let the tears fall down her face. He was right, but she hated that this is why their relationship was going to end. They had been together for years now. She walks up to him and pulls him into a kiss; he gladly returns the kiss, pulling her as close as he can, not knowing when he is going to see her again.

"I love you Emily," He mutters against her lips when they separate for air.

"I love you too David," she mutters back.

She didn't know if she was going to be okay on her own; her best friend Taylor had already made her way to the sky. Now she was watching the love of her life walk away from her and head down to live in what they were starting to call Infra. What she didn't know was how many times she was going to be angry or in tears watching David walk away from her.

With her bag packed, she made her way to see someone that she was pretty sure was staying on Earth, or Terra as they were calling it now. With a quick knock on the door, it opens and she is pulled into a hug. This is when the tears finally fell, she couldn't hold them in anymore. They handed her some tea like they knew she was coming over. That's when she sees the text on their phone from David making her know that they did know she was on her way over.

"I love him, Alex, but I couldn't go down there."

"I know and I'm here for you."

"What am I going to do without him?"

"You are going to be the strong girl I know you are and deal with your pain of a brother." He cracks a sad smile at her.

"I guess having you around won't be so bad. At least you are rid of Taylor."

"That couldn't be more true. I hope none of us ever see her again."

Emily comes out of the memory to have everyone staring at her. David wipes the tears off her face with a worried look in his eyes.

"Are you okay Darling?"

"Yeah sorry, just a memory popped in my head."

"What was it to make you cry?"

"The very first time you ever walked away from me."

"Oh, yeah that would make you cry."

"I ran to Alex after that."