Old Friends

Emily woke up wrapped in David's arms and she smiled and sat up in bed, looking at him and wondering how she got so lucky. They clearly were meant for each other, always coming back decade after decade. David wakes up and glances up at her, grinning.

"What are you looking at?"

"You. I think this is the closest you've been to your original looks in a long time. Your hair is just not as long."

"I did wear my hair longer then didn't I?"

"Yeah you had it tied back at the base of your neck too."

"You like that look?"

"I've liked all of your looks."

"You've got to have a favorite."

"If I have to choose, yes your original look is my favorite."

"I could go back-"

"Let's deal with Taylor first."

"Whatever my wife wants."

She giggles as he pulls her back down into a kiss before they get up and ready for the day.

Emily takes a cup of tea and sits on the counter, opening up the journal for Taylor. Though she doesn't get to read any of it before it's taken out of her hands. She looks up to see Asley.

"What?"

"No, you go sit in the living room and have one of us with you. This is not something to go through alone."

Taking a deep breath, she nods and heads into the living room where David was with his own book. She sits next to him and Asley sits in the chair near them. Gwen even joins them, sitting on the floor.

Through every page you could see her reaction to the memory, whether it was an eye roll, a tear or anger. At one point you could see her trying to breathe as a tear rolled down her face, David had to pry the book out of her hands to see what was going on.

I know this is going to hurt as you read it. I'm past the point of it affecting me, that's why I can write it but I know at some point in the future it will make me mad, sad and scared all at the same time. So here it goes. We were Eliza at the time. Right after we married David, Taylor lost it and kidnapped us. She kept us hidden in a house in Avalon. Everyday she would come down and tell us things that she was doing with David. That we later found out wasn't true. She tried to make it seem like he was cheating on us. We knew in our heart that he was loyal but at the same time it was painful. She not only did that but she physically abused us while she had us trapped in there. She broke us to the point we fought David once he found us. He probably has the memory of us fighting him but not what it was about. He tried to get us back to being somewhat happy but after about a month she came after us again so we had a bit of a fight with him and walked away, telling him it was for his own safety but it was more so you didn't hurt anyone else even if it hurt you to walk away from him.

She wraps her arms around herself pulling her knees to her chest as sobs wracked her body. David passes the book to Asley and moves to comfort his wife. She tries to push him away but he pulls her into his arms, wrapping them tightly around her as he kisses her head. He whispers to her about being there for her and that they will get rid of her soon. That he was not going anywhere. She just sobs and clings to him as the memories go through her head.

"See Em this is why I said not to do this alone." Ashley sighs, flipping through the book looking for anything else. "Hey you put a tracker in her wings when you found out they were getting redone."

"So we can find her and the kids." Gwen smiles.

Emily sits up and takes a deep breath, wiping her eyes. With another deep breath, she looks at her best friend.