Memories

The girl follows after the blonde in front of her, well more like was being dragged after her. She wanted her to meet someone and they were supposed to be at this get together.

"Taylor, would you slow down?"

"No, they weren't going to be there for the whole thing so we can't be late."

She sighs and just lets herself be dragged, once Taylor was set on something she wouldn't stop until whatever it was either came true or satisfied her. She, on the other hand, was just a laid back person who didn't care if she was on her own or not. Taylor hated that about her since they were 30 and still single. Taylor was engaged though she wasn't sure if that was the fiancés choice or not.

"Emily, would you hurry up?" Taylor calls.

Emily sighs and meets the girl at the door who quickly looks her over before changing her dirty blonde hair to being half up with a rose clip that came out of the magical bag Taylor seems to have.

"There, now come on."

"I could turn around right now."

"Oh don't be like that."

Taylor takes Emily's arm and drags her into the room. She lets out a squeal, letting go of her friend when she spots her fiance. Emily sighs in relief, grabbing three drinks from the table before heading over to the couple.

"Thank you Emily." The ginger smiles.

"No problem, Alex."

"Is David here yet, I want him to meet Emily."

"You are always trying to set people up." Alex sighs.

"I'm going to go mingle, come find me when he gets here," Emily sighs.

The couple nods as their friend disappears into the crowd. Emily was hoping to sneak out. It was nothing against the guy. She just wanted a meeting to be more natural. Everything was online these days, or forced meetings by friends.

After another hour or so she finds a hidden corner and leans on the wall, trying to breathe. Not even a minute later a guy joins her and she glances at the brown hair in a low pony tail and bright blue eyes.

"You avoiding friends too?" he asks.

"Yeah, I love her, but she's a lot and wants me to meet someone."

"I feel that, you want to sneak out with me?"

"Check where that door on our left goes."

He reaches over and cracks it open and grins at her. He then opens it a bit more before they slip out into the hall, both texting their friends that they weren't there. Emily got an angry paragraph that was followed by a calm okay since David didn't show up. Emily just sighs, making the guy look over and chuckle.

"Wow you weren't kidding, she is a lot."

"She is but sometimes she's great, she just wants someone to double date with."

"What does her partner want?"

"He just likes it when I'm around, since she's a bit calmer then."

"Are you sure he doesn't like you?"

"They are engaged," Emily laughs. "But other than that, yes I'm sure."

"Good, that means I can try," He smirks.

This makes her giggle as she trips over her own two feet, he catches her as she falls, but a few things escape from her bag.

"Look, I got you falling for me already, unfortunately it looks like you want to fly," He says, putting her on her feet and picking up her book.