The neighbor

Alastor let the water in the bathtub run until it was steamy. Then, he added the last bit of bubble bath soap. Anthony was just sitting on the toilet lid, watching him.
"So uh... you always keep it dark and creepy or do you turn on a light every now and then?" He asked, trying to make conversation.
"Why? Are you scared of the dark?" Alastor said, glancing over his shoulder with a grin before standing up.
"No, but I'm scared of thunder." Anthony shrugged and watched the bubbles form in the bathtub. Alastor raised an eyebrow and watched him silently for a few minutes. He could tell the boy was still shaken up from almost falling to his death, but something else seemed to be on his mind.
"Are you alright, my dear?" he finally decided to ask while tucking his hands behind his back. Anthony snapped out of it by shaking his head.
"Huh?" He said.
"Are you alright?" Alastor repeated.
"Oh," Anthony mumbled before thinking again. "Yeah, fine. Can I get into the bath now?"
Alastor was taken aback at his sudden attitude and raised his eyebrow higher, wondering where this boy got his shitty manners.
"Go ahead, dear." He responded and walked out to give the boy privacy. Anthony slipped off his clothes and got into the bath. The bath burned for the first few seconds, but his body soon got used to the water and he settled down.
"Did I sound rude...?" He asked himself, leaning back. After an hour, Anthony finally relaxed as much as he could and grabbed a towel, wrapping it around his waist and shaking off his wet hair. He waited for Alastor to bring him his newly clean clothes, and soon, Alastor did so. Anthony got dressed and walked out the bathroom. To his surprise, Alastor wasn't anywhere to be seen. All Anthony noticed was the pentagram that was on the floor the last time he was on the neighbor's balcony. When he was almost shot. He raised a curious eyebrow and walked over to the dark, blood red pentagram. "Cree-pyyy..." he whispered as he sat next to it. Anthony reached to touch the circle, but before he even could, he heard Alastor's voice on the balcony. The voice made Anthony spring up onto his feet. He was going to head over to Alastor when he glanced at the fridge. His stomach growled and he debated in his mind whether to head towards the fridge or Alastor. It took a few seconds, but he finally decided to head to the fridge. He felt bad for the stealing he was about to do, but he and his brother were hungry. Anthony took a deep breath and grabbed the fridge handle, pulling open the refrigerator door. An awful stench immediately struck his nose and made him scrunch it. He looked in the fridge and saw some shredded meat. It definitely didn't look fresh, and it stank, but he knew there was no other option. The only question was how he was going to steal it. He couldn't just stroll out with 3 bowls of meat without being noticed.
"Shit..." he mumbled. Before Anthony could reach for a bowl, a hand tightly gripped his wrist.
"Stealing from your poor neighbor? How shameful." Anthony gulped and looked up. Alastor glared down at him darkly. He had been caught.
"I... uh... w-w-well- I uh..." Anthony stuttered as he tried to get his story straight, but he hadn't thought about what he'd do if he got caught. Alastor was obviously annoyed at the boy's attempt to lie or explain, so he let his wrist go.
"Take it, I don't need it as much as you do. You're skin and bones darling." Alastor seemed to grin during his last sentence before tucking his hands neatly behind his back. Anthony was surprised that Alastor decided to just give his food away, but he wasn't going to decline. Who knew when they'd properly get food next? He nodded nervously in response to Alastor and gingerly took the food bowls. By this point Alastor's stare had gotten even more unnerving so he decided it was definitely time to skedaddle. He went to the balcony with the food, and briefly looked back at Alastor who was still standing in the same spot, staring directly ayt him. Anthony shuddered and called for john who was standing there, waiting worriedly.
"John! Come get these food bowls and help me over." He called. John quickly walked over and reached out, taking the meat bowls Anthony was handing him. Then came time for Anthony to jump over. He tried his best not to look down, the crippling fear of the drop to the ground clouding his mind. Just then, he felt Alastor grab him. Before Anthony could ask what he was doing, Alastor threw him over. Anthony landed on Johnathan with a hard thud, but the food bowls stayed closed.
"FUCKING OW, ASSH—" Anthony caught himself before he could insult the neighbor who had just provided him with food. He took a deep breath, and after he regained his composure, he stood, rubbing his arm from where he'd fallen onto it. Alastor ignored him and walked back inside.
"What's in the containers?" Jonathan asked.
"Some sort of weird meat he gave us.. But it's edible, and that's all that matters at this point.." Anthony replied, carefully picking them up and walking back into his apartment. John nodded in response and followed after him, shutting the balcony door.