16

i was waken up by alex shaking his wet hair on my back. "ugh, hamilton you are the worst." i  said while getting up, "you know you love me." alex grabbed my hands and pulled me up.

i cant deny it. alex and me were always so close because he's my baby brother, who isn't such a baby anymore. i love him so much, and i hate to admit it, but he is my favorite.

"the hughes family is coming over for dinner. we are having pasta, so go upstairs and become decent." he snickered as we walked back to the house.

i opened the door and got hit in the face with the smell of garlic knots and pasta coming from the kitchen. it smelled amazing.

i walked upstairs and opened my bathroom door. i dropped my wet bikini on the ground and turned on my water. while i was waiting for it to heat up, i checked the time. it said 4:59.

wow i slept for a solid 2 hours outside. i took off the gauze and bandaid from my wound and threw it away. damn this looked rough.

i connected my phone to my shower speaker and started to play frank ocean. ivy was the first song to play. i hooked it onto a hook in my shower and started to wash my hair from the dirty, mucky, lake water.

i pumped my dry scalp shampoo into my hands and scrubbed it with my scalp massager. i rinsed it out and applied conditioner to my ends. while it was sitting i cleaned my whole body and made sure i smelled good.

i turned off my music and my shower. i walked out and put on my robe. i picked out for dinner a floor length pink flowy dress, with little bow accents on it. i semi-dryed my hair with my blow dryer and braided my hair into a single braid. i reapplied guaze and healing ointment onto my wound.

i put on my dress and threw a big islanders sweatshirt my dad gave me. i didnt apply any makeup, because i didn't feel like it. i walked downstairs and sat in a recliner and put on the mets game. summer was honestly really boring when it came to watching sports, since there was only baseball.

i was watching it then suddenly felt two presences next to me. i looked to both of my sides and saw luke on my left, and jack on my right. "hey avery, listen i love baseball, but if you are putting it on at least put on a good team." luke grabbed for the remote, but i slapped his hand away.

"ow, what the fuck avery!" luke started to rub his hand. "sorry! but my house, my channel, my teams. sorry lukie." i leaned my head on his shoulder. "you are so lucky you have that stupid ass thing on your head. if you didn't, i would push you off right now."

suddenly i felt jack rubbing circles on my pinky. i decided to switch shoulders, from luke to jack. "that better?" i whispered. he snickered, "one hundred percent." i saw others walk into the living room so i took my head off of jacks shoulder. i would love for the others to know, but i'm just not ready yet.

luke obviously knows. he's known since the last time they came to our house for dinner. "hey avery, do you like anyon-" he got cut off by my mom, "DINNERS READY, EVERYONE COME EAT!"

i got up from the couch and sat down at the table. i sat in between luke and jack again. i grabbed 1 of the 5 pasta bowls and filled my plate. i started to eat, until i felt sick to my stomach. i tried to not leave the table, but i just had to. jack had our hands entwined but i had to leave his hand alone.

"excuse me." i said getting up, "avery, are you okay?" my mom asked me. my eyes started to water for some reason, and i knew i needed to lay down. "i don't feel good, i'm sorry everyone for leaving."

i bolted upstairs and ran to my bathroom. i pulled my hair back and started to throw up everything i threw down my throat.

i stayed next to my toilet, leaning against my wall for 10 minutes straight. until i heard a knock, "come in." i said with a groggy voice.

jack peeked in and saw me on the floor. "baby, are you okay?" he rushed next to me and sat down. i was taken back by the fact he called me baby. but, i cant say i didnt like it. i looked at him and his ocean blue eyes. i immediately started to cry. jack pulled me into the crook of his neck.

"shhh, avery its okay, a lot happened today. i need you to take some deep breaths and relax." normally those words wouldn't really calm me down, it would just make me cry harder. but for some reason, it worked. my tears started to dry, as i took deep breaths.

jack got up, "i'll be right back, avery." he kissed my forehead and walked away. he came back 2 minutes later with a glass of water, a heating pad, and some medicine. i wanted to cry, this boy was so sweet.

he sat down and handed me the glass of water, "small sips. don't aggravate yourself and throw up." he rubbed my forehead and set up my heating pad on my bed.

"jack," my groggy voice caught him off guard, "can you stay with me?" i asked him. he walked over to me, pulling me up. he picked me up and hugged me. "always."

—————

jack pov:

i walked downstairs, "hey mom, can i sleep here tonight? me and isaac want to hang out." she looked at me, "of course sweetie. get some things from our house so you can sleep good." i hurried over, not wanting to leave avery alone for another second.

i grabbed a shirt and shorts, underwear, and a toothbrush and toothpaste. i put it all in a devils drawstring bag and ran over to the stanger household.

when i got there i ran up to avery's room. she was in the bathroom washing her face. so i decided to make her bed pretty and neat.

i fluffed the pillows and made sure it was comfy for her. i heard the water stop, i grabbed a box of chocolates i also picked up at my house. she opened the door, i knew it was showtime.

avery pov:

i opened the door to see jack in front of me with a heart box of chocolates. i wanted to cry. everything kind of went wrong today.

i felt sick, my head was and is still bleeding, my head has also started to pound, but jack hughes of all people tried to make it the best day for me.

i walked up to him and embraced him into a tight hug. his chin was on top of my head. i wrapped my arms around his waist and felt so comforted by him. i knew this boy was special. that this very moment i knew he was.

we separated and i laid in my bed. jack was getting blankets and laying it on the floor, "jack." i looked down at him.

"yes?" he stopped putting blankets on the floor, "you know you aren't sleeping on the floor, right? come up here." i said laying back on my bed. jack smiled and took off his shirt, so he was only in sweatpants.

my back was against his chest. jack started to rub circles on my arm, "goodnight ray." i smiled at the fact he caught onto my nickname, "goodnight jack." i drifted off into sleep.

i thought i heard jack say something after, but i knew i was just dreaming.

jack pov:

"goodnight jack." avery said. her breathing started to relax and i started to play with her hair. she looked so gorgeous with her pink led lights in her room.

"i love you." i said faintly, starting to fall asleep to her soft breathing and her steady heartbeat.

A/N: OKAY THIS WAS A SWEET CHAPTER. I HOPE YOU ALL LOVE IT! GIVE ME SOME RECOMMENDATIONS ON WHAT I SHOUKD INCLUDE NEXT IF YOU WANT! LOVE YOU ALL AND THANK YOU FOR 12K READS! LOVE YA!! 🙇‍♀️

dress • a jack hughes fanficOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara