Side Character 1 Backstory

Nataro Himeno was a walking storm cloud, even before he knew his true nature. His temper flared as easily as a match to tinder, often landing him in trouble at school and ostracized by his peers. His only solace was the solitude of the wilderness, where he could unleash his pent-up energy and hone his instincts. He yearned for something more, a place where his volatile nature wouldn't be an anomaly, but a birthright.

But the truth was far harsher than any fantasy. One day, after a particularly explosive outburst, the whispers about his "freak" behavior turned into accusations of dark magic. The fear in his classmates' eyes, the suspicion in his teachers' voices, ignited a firestorm within him. He couldn't stay, not anymore.

Driven by a primal fear and a desperate hope, Nataro fled. He abandoned his phone, his clothes, everything that tied him to his old life. He slipped into the anonymity of the city, his senses constantly on high alert. The city was a labyrinth, but his instincts, honed by years spent outdoors, guided him through its hidden alleys and forgotten corners.

Nights were the worst. Haunted by whispers and shadows, the fear of being hunted gnawed at him. He found solace in abandoned warehouses, their cold concrete walls offering a semblance of shelter. It was in one such place, under the pale glow of the moon, that he stumbled upon it – a shimmering barrier, pulsating with an energy that resonated deep within him.

Hesitantly, he touched it. The world dissolved around him, replaced by a lush forest bathed in golden sunlight. Panic threatened to overwhelm him, but then he saw it – a camp bustling with demigods, their laughter and shouts echoing through the trees. Relief washed over him, so intense it almost brought him to his knees. He belonged here.

But his journey was far from over. Suspicion and fear lingered in his eyes, remnants of his past life. He kept to himself, observing, learning. He discovered a talent for swordsmanship, his natural ferocity translating into controlled power under the watchful eyes of Chiron. He found camaraderie in unexpected places, connecting with Atu, the quiet strategist with a calming presence, and Tim, the gentle giant with a heart of gold. They saw past his gruff exterior, recognizing the fierce loyalty and unwavering resolve that burned beneath.

Nataro, the son of Ares, was no longer a lone storm cloud. He was a warrior, a protector, a demigod finding his place among his kind. The path he walked alone led him to the place where he truly belonged, and in the company of friends, he learned to channel his inner storm into a force for good, forever marked by the battles he fought, both within and without.