More Human Than Human Chapter Three

CHAPTER THREE

Charlie hasn’t called me yet. I’ve been trying to devote myself to working, to forget about Leon and Pleasure Incorporated.

But it hasn’t worked.

Late at night, my body seems to hum with need. It’s like I’m a sex-starved teenager. 

I’ve decided to visit Pleasure Incorporated again. But tonight, I’m going to dress up for Leon. 

I’ve never dressed up for a man before. At least, not like this.

Beneath my coat I’m wearing a red velvet bikini strap dress and pearls, and underneath, a red lace teddy with matching thong and garter belts. I spritz myself with a few sprays from my bottle of classic Chanel Number Five, which never goes out of style. 

I wonder, Will Leon notice?

The alluring young woman is sitting at the desk when I come in.

“Hello again,” I say. Tonight I’m not nervous, since I know what to expect. I look at her nametag. It reads “Vanessa Tobin.”

“Well hello, Miss Peterson. I’m glad to see you have returned to us. Would you care to try out another synthetic tonight?”

“Hello, Vanessa. No, I’m looking for Leon. Is he in?”

For a split second, a strange look flashes in her eyes. Almost as if she expected I would want Leon again. Then she regains her composure. “Of course. Right this way.”

We walk into the consulting room. Leon is sitting away from the others again. I wonder if he always sets himself apart like that. The other synthetics seem to socialize with each other. But he doesn’t. 

But his beautiful face lights up when he sees me. He gets up from his seat and walks towards me. He’s wearing a metallic, royal blue blazer and jeans and customarily no shirt underneath. The sight of his chest fills me with a familiar ache deep in my core. 

“Hello, Noel,” he greets me with a slight smile. He’s so gorgeous. “Would you care for a drink?” he asks.

“Tonight, yes I would. I’d love a margarita.” I feel giddy and flirtatious as a schoolgirl. 

He gets me my drink, and we enter into our usual room. For the first time, I notice there are various candles around the room. Leon goes to these and lights them. Then he dims the lights. The effect is perfect.

Leon turns to me and takes my drink and sets it on the counter. He turns back to face me. “You look so beautiful tonight, Noel. I’ve missed you.”

“I’ve missed you, too, Leon. I’m so happy to see you tonight.”

“Did you dress up just for me?”

“Yes, I did.”

“You look good enough to eat,” he says with a laugh.

I giggle. I feel happy that Leon noticed my efforts. But suddenly, I’m curious about Leon. 

“Leon, what do you do when you’re not working?”

“Well, to tell you the truth, I’m always working, day and night. But sometimes, they let me sleep. I really don’t need sleep, but I like it. My body really doesn’t require rest, but when I do, I have dreams, Noel. I dreamed about you the other night. We were making love… It was so wonderful.”

“You make me feel so special… Do you make all the female clients feel this special, Leon?”

“No. Just you, Noel,” he says, his smile so bright. It could really light up a room. “There’s something very special about you, something, as people say, I can’t quite put my finger on. When you left the other night, I… I missed you. I didn’t want you to go. I felt safe and happy when you were here. I was hoping you’d return. And now you have, and I feel so happy because of it.”