Distant Echo - Chapter 1

A/N

Well heres the official first chapter of Distant Echo. Hope you all like it :)

Like, Comment, Vote? :)

Suggestions and feedback is appreciated. Enjoy lovelies xox

____________________

Chapter One

The birds are chirping and the sun is shining. I could feel its rays hitting my face creating a calm sensation. As I woke up, stirring from my sleep, I stretched my whole body. Loving the morning stretch that goes on for a few seconds but feels like a life time, I smiled to myself jumping out of bed. As I stood in front of my bedroom mirror, I stared intently at the figure in front of me. “What’s wrong with me?” I asked myself. Frowning I stared at my face, the dark circles forming under my eyes became more visible every day. 

I turned around, already topless and I slightly bent down, my back reflecting in the mirror. As I ran my finger down my arched spine, the scars were visible as if they were highlighted to emphasise my flaws. “Perfection”, the soft echo suddenly entered my head. I snapped my head up; last night’s events washing over me so quickly I had to grasp my bed post to steady myself. Darkness. That’s all I remember. Being swallowed by darkness. 

As I mentally summarised the ghastly events of last night, I was unaware of my name repeatedly being called. “Dominic! This is the last time I’m calling you. Now get down here and have your breakfast.” My mother yelled. Rolling my eyes I hastily walked to the bathroom to prepare for my shower. 

Flash backs of last night still crept inside my train of thoughts causing a chill to run through my body. As I dried myself off and wrapped the towel around my waist, I entered my room casually checking my phone. Five missed calls, well why am I not surprised. Considering if I should call Melody back, I shrugged off the thought and decided to give her a call back later on.

Melody and I have been an “item” I should say for quite a while now. From me thinking it was a fling like every other relationship that I have had, surprisingly things turned for the better for a change and fate brought me to Melody. Reminiscing about the first time I met her and how we slowly yet absent-mindedly escalated into something more, I began to ponder whether or not I deserve to be with such a wonderful person. Not only is she my girlfriend but also my best friend. I love the fact that we have a friendship within our relationship. It settles everything down making things seem more genuine for me.

Sighing I made my way downstairs. Mother was in the kitchen cooking as usual. Looking down on her I began to wonder how much she actually struggles for us. Not only having a full time job but also having to cook, clean and also keep in mind looking after her family. I just realised she upholds a great responsibility and for that I salute her. Telepathic high five coming your way mum. Smiling at my dry sense of humour I reliased I was day dreaming again.

“Well are you just going to stand there with that goofy grin on your face or are you going to sit down and have your breakfast?” Mum exclaimed.

Still smiling I sat down at the kitchen table preparing to have my meal.