Distant Echo - Chapter 3

A/N

Hello people. Chapter 3 coming up. And yes I stayed up writing this, it's 6am now and I just finished. I'm about to drop but this chapter is worth the staying up!

Hope you all enjoy

Like, comment, vote ? lalalal :D xox

____________________

Chapter 3

The week drifted by in a blur. I paid no attention to anyone or anything. I know I was disregarding those close to me especially Melody, but I can’t stand being in the presence of others at this moment.

I feel secluded, left out, alone. Even though I have my family, my girlfriend who I know cares about me, and all those friends at school, but I just feel empty.

I am starting to change erratically. My moods are beginning to change with a blink of an eye. One moment I would be feeling happy and at ease then the next I would be upset and incoherent. Puberty even popped in my head, considering if its kicking in again…Nah I passed that faze years back.

Slouching on my bed, on a lazy Saturday night, bouncing a tennis ball on the opposite wall, my phone vibrated. The vibration startled me as I was beginning to drift out back into my usual state of daydreaming. I flipped my phone opened and saw the receiver’s name: Melody(:

Frowning I read the text message:

Hey baby, I’ll be @ urs in ten mins, hope ur excited for the movie coz I am… x

I replied a brief text message back:

Hey babe, no worries…looking forward to it x

Surprisingly forgetting that we made plans, seeing that I usually all the time remember things, I began to think to myself.

Great, now I need to put on the act of being in a good mood for her sake…Well at least she didn’t bring up the whole ‘me walking off in class incident’. That sure saved us an argument. As I was contemplating all these issues, I didn’t realise ten minutes went past and I heard the soft thump of Melody’s footsteps making their way up the stairs. I see she made her own way through the front door. Good saves me from having to get up. Oh how lazy am I?

She made her way in my room all happy and bubbly closing the door behind her. Carrying several movies piled in one arm, and snacks in her other she huffed and dropped everything on my bed.

“I’ve missed you bub” She happily exclaimed.

Oh how I despise that word so much!

Trying to ignore it, I smiled and held my arms out for her.

“I miss you too babe, come here.”

She threw herself in my arms and I embraced her in a warm hug. Inhaling deeply, her scent of floral perfume drifted in my nose causing me to hug her tighter. Realising how much I actually miss Melody, I lifted her face up by her chin and stared intently at her.

Beautiful brown eyes looked up at me innocently, with a small yet cute nose followed by soft full lips wavering between rosy pink and a light red colour. Hair falling down her back in light curls created a fuller look to her slightly long shaped face. Gazing down I noticed her outfit, especially focusing on the top in which she chose to wear.

A low cut white shirt, making her breasts look even better than they normally did…not too big, yet not too small. Just how I preferred them. Getting distracted by my over staring, she coughed a little bringing me back to reality. Smirking to myself, I nuzzled her neck and whispered in her ear.