Distant Echo - Chapter 8

A/N

Yooooooooo :)

Chapter 8 ow yea.

Hope you enjoy

Comment like vote la la la

cheers xoxo

__________________

Chapter 8 

Banging my locker shut I rolled my eyes as the final bell rang to start our next subject. I began to walk down the corridor I heard someone yell out “WHORE!”

Turning around my jaw almost dropped from the person standing in front of me

“NO WAY YOU’RE BACK!!!” I screamed as I ran up to my best friend and tackled him in a bear hug.

Rolling around I couldn’t help the laughter escaping me. Noah has been my best friend since kindergarten. We’ve been irresistible ever since. Our parents have been close friends since Noah and I started our friendship and we practically live at each other’s houses whenever we wanted.

He went overseas two months ago to visit his ill grandma. So he left me, it felt like a part of me was missing. Okay I sound gay now but that’s how close we are!

Noah was the most genuine person I’ve come to know. His blonde hair seemed to have grown even longer then it was the last time he was here. His green eyes stood out, grasping anyone’s attention and he had this peaceful look towards him, his dimples deep making his face look even brighter than usual. It was rare to see him angry. He always knew how to cheer up a person and everyone has that respect for him.

 “I thought you weren’t back till another month?” I exclaimed getting up from the floor.

“See how much I missed you? I came back early for you and thought I would surprise you while I was at it” Noah jokingly said back.

Laughing at this I punched him in the shoulder.

“Nah I couldn’t handle being in Greece anymore. It was getting to me and besides I miss being here.” Noah explained.

Making our to the school gates we agreed to skip class and to grab a bite to eat.

“So how have things been going for you here bro?” Noah asked the question I dreaded he wouldn’t.

He could read me like a book. He knew when I was lying, when I was pissed or something was on my mind. I guess that’s the downside of having psychic as a best mate.

Avoiding eye contact I made it as if I was busy focusing on my phone and tried brushing it off.

“Yeah it’s been alright nothing new you know.”

“And what happened to your other phone?” He suspiciously added a question.

“Aw I accidently dropped it, so now stuck using this one ha ha”. I started to become uneasy now focusing on the road ahead of us.

“So what you feel like eating since your back from your trip aye” I hastily changed the subject. “Lunch is on me”.

Standing in line getting ready to order McDonalds for the both of us, I began to wonder what kind of excuses I’d have to make up in order for Noah not to suspect anything is up with me.

Retrieving our tray I made my way back to our table and sat down opposite Noah.

Digging into my meal I just realised how hungry I actually am.