Distant Echo - Chapter 6

____________________

Chapter 6

Women. The female species. Such delicate yet violent creatures ever made to step foot in this place I like to call Earth.

If they had the same mentality as us men; easy going and carefree, then the term "argument" wouldn't exist in the English dictionary. But sadly, life is difficult and unfortunately for us males, we have to deal with the grief thrown at us from such females.

Being ignored by your girlfriend is one thing, but also by your mother? Now that's just a whole other level.

Honestly speaking, I would have preferred the four day lecture that I predicted was heading my way. But instead, all I received was the cold shoulder, being ignored to the extent of not knowing the whereabouts of both my mum and Isabella and dirty looks which could knock a person out.

Even if she just swore at me or backhanded me, I would have preferred being verbally abused then the treatment I was receiving. It was eating me up slowly, and my patience was exceeding to limits I did not know existed.

It's been another three days. So in counting, I've been ignored by Melody for approximately six days now with my mum coming in for three days only. Wow, I feel like I'm a scorekeeper for a very intense game.

Repairing my phone was a mission. Finding the pieces stacked on my bedroom desk, I attempted and I repeat ATTEMPTED to fix my phone. After five minutes of thinking I'm Chuck Norris I gave up on the useless phone and rummaged in my drawers for a spare.

Thinking Melody might have tried calling whilst my phone was destroyed, that hope was gone, when I switched on my replacement phone – no message, no calls, nothing.

Pacing up and down my room I couldn't take it anymore. Chucking on a jumper, having been already in my trackies I slipped on my chucks (yea I'm cool with my red converses on!)I grabbed my wallet and keys, oh and not to mention my sexy phone and headed out to Melody's house.

My plan was to jump into the apologies straightaway before she had the opportunity to shut the door in my face. Rehearsing what to say to her, I began to walk down my street.

Luckily she only lived a few blocks down from my home so it wasn't much of a hassle walking down, even though I despised walking. But hey, she might notice that I walked all the way down and feel a little sympathetic for me... Since when did I start thinking like a dickhead? I really do need a reality check.

Engrossed in my thoughts about how I've been acting lately, I came to a halt in front of Melody's house and mentally went over my prepared speech.

I walked through her front gate and hesitantly knocked on the door. All that followed was a strange silence but as I concentrated I could hear the faint sound of the television on.

Waiting a few more seconds, there was still no answer. So I knocked again this time a tad louder.

Expecting Melody to open the door, still there was no sound of approaching footsteps.

Alright fine, if she wants to play that game I'll make my way up to her room!

Luckily her window faced her backyard so no one would see me acting like a retard attempting to climb up to her room.

Making my way to the side of her house, I was cheering that the side gate was already opened, which saved me from matrixing my way over...even though I could of easily.

I glanced at the tree closest to her room, and saw that the window was slightly open, and the faint outline of Melody in her room. It was hard to tell what she was doing, due to the curtain being of a dark shade.

Taking a deep breath, I began estimating the distance from the tree to the ground, in case I was to fall off. By the looks of things, I'm thinking possible broken bones here and there. But the show must go on!!! (I've always wanted to use that line, good timing to)

Mentally geeing myself up, I gave myself a 30 second pep talk and began the walk of doom. Or should I say, climb of doom!

I swung myself up the first branch hoping it was strong enough to hold all my weight, and began to make my way up. A quarter of the way up, me being the imbecile I am at times, decided to look down, thinking all would be fine. Glancing down, my stomach made a triple leap/cartwheel/ 360 twirl and I suddenly felt the urge to vomit.

Way to let down my manhood pride! Um, what the fuck? It's a tiny tree. Well it's freakin' huge but still, why am I chickening out. How about if someone was watching, imagine I had an audience? They'd be laughing at me right this second.

Okay Dom, play it cool. Put on your cool face. It's all good this shit is easy. I've realised that my mental pep talks work at times like this.

After another 5 minutes of hell, I finally made it up to the last branch nearest to Melody's window. The things I do for that girl!

Edging my way closer down the branch, to her window, I heard a tiny 'snap'. Panicking I looked around to see if the branch I was crawling on was going to break.

Praying to God I don't die, I half crawled then jumped the half a metre distance to her window. But of course my excellent memory had to play up! I forgot that the window was only slightly opened... so basically I banged into the hard glass, fell back onto the branch, got thrown back to the window, then was hanging from the window pane like the idiot I tried not making myself look like.

"Fuck! Shitttt!!" I cursed myself.

Trying to contemplate the situation and then wondering if I'd have the balls to jump down, I heard Melody gasp.

Looking up I saw Melody standing at the window shock and irritation crossing her face.

Smirking I said the first thing that came to mind.

"Uhm, I love you?"