A Whisper in the Dark

(Ship: Gyomei x Obanai)

(This is one of my many headcanon ships!)

(I'll explain the ship and why I ship them in my next short story!!)

In the heart of a tranquil monastery nestled between towering cliffs and whispering pines, two souls found solace amidst their duties. Gyomei, the gentle giant, possessed unparalleled strength, tempered by a compassionate heart. Obanai, graceful and enigmatic, moved with the fluidity of a wisp of smoke, his presence a silent reassurance in the stillness of the night.

Their bond transcended mere camaraderie; it was a quiet understanding that flowed between them like a hidden stream beneath the surface. Gyomei, blind yet perceptive, could feel the subtle shifts in Obanai's demeanor, the soft exhales that betrayed his unspoken thoughts.

One moonlit night, as the stars adorned the heavens like scattered jewels, Gyomei sat in silent contemplation, his hands tracing the intricate patterns of his prayer beads. The rhythmic chant of the monks echoed through the monastery, a melodic backdrop to the symphony of the night.

Obanai approached with the grace of a shadow, his presence barely a whisper against the stillness. He settled beside Gyomei, the warmth of his presence a comforting embrace in the cool night air.

"Gyomei," Obanai murmured, his voice a gentle caress against the silence.

Gyomei turned towards him, a serene smile gracing his lips despite his sightless gaze. "Obanai," he replied, his voice a deep rumble that resonated with the wisdom of ages.

They sat in companionable silence, the weight of unspoken words hanging between them like a fragile thread. And then, in a moment of boldness born from the depths of his heart, Obanai leaned forward, his lips brushing against Gyomei's cheek with feather-light grace.

Time seemed to stand still as Gyomei's breath caught in his throat, the warmth of Obanai's touch sending shivers down his spine. In that fleeting moment, amidst the whispered prayers and the soft rustle of leaves, they shared a connection that transcended the boundaries of the tangible world.

Gyomei reached out, his hand finding Obanai's with the certainty of a man who had found his true north. Their fingers intertwined, a silent promise woven between them like an unbreakable bond.

And as the moon cast its gentle glow upon them, illuminating the depths of their shared sanctuary, Obanai pressed a tender kiss to Gyomei's forehead, a silent vow of devotion that echoed through the hallowed halls of their hearts.

In that sacred space where words held no sway, Gyomei and Obanai found solace in the quietude of their love, a whispered promise in the darkness that illuminated the path ahead.