✨️Prologue✨️

Lan Wangji an alpha of gusulan. The second Young Master Lan and Second Heir to gusulan are getting married to Wei Wuxian, an omega, and the head disciple of the YungmiangJiang sect. They are both strangers to each other. Two strangers thrown into the deep end only for one purpose. The omega must give an heir to the gusulan sect within a year.

Failing to do so will result in the marriage and alliance being broke. As the sect leader who married a beta. One of Jin Guangshan sons by the name of Jin Guangyoa, who can't produce an heir. Another condition is that if the omega should produce an heir. The pup will be given to the sect leader and his mate to be raised as their own. The pup will never know his true and real parents. To him, it will be the sect leader and his mate.

The Jiang sect leader agrees to these terms, but they have one of their own. Yes, only one. If the omega fail to fulfill his duty and the alliance are broken that the omega should not be returned to them. He can be returned to the streets where the Jiang sect leader found him eleven years ago. The conditions were accepted on both sides.

The wedding day arrived, and it was no big affair. Lan Wangji was only the second heir and Wei Wuxian an orphan. The son of a servant. Both dressed in red standing in front of one of the Lan elders. They were only allowed their three bows before being ushered hurriedly out of the ancestral hall. They, after all, have a duty to fulfill, and everyone present at the wedding knew it.

The wedding night was awkward and painful. The two did not know what they were doing. They were awkward around each other as the days passed. For the first two weeks, they lived past each other. Not sharing a bed or being in the same space where the other were. Yes, they were strangers thrown together for people's own selfish reasons.

But they were watched closely not only by the elders but also the beta and the uncle. Three months had passed, and the omega was sent to the healers, but they received disappointing news. The omega wasn't pregnant. So the beta suggested that the omega drink a special tea that would ensure that he would get pregnant within a month or two, and it was done.

The alpha and his omega in the meantime had started to get more comfortable around each other. They learn to talk with each other. Small touches here and there. A spark slowly started to ignite within them for each other. Whenever the alpha was not away on nighthunts. They will spend each moment together. Getting to know each other better and learn more about each other.

Their love blossom slowly and beautifully. Trust grew between them. But the outside forces are putting pressure on them. Making it difficult to produce an heir even with the special tea. The beta made sure that his husband, uncle, and elders were always pressuring the omega. Jin Guangyoa made sure that no one in the sect liked the omega or befriend him. He made sure to whisper how the omega probably is barren. It's a known fact that not all male omegas can get pregnant.

He made the omegas life hell whenever the omegas alpha was not around. Knowing full well that the omega will never tell his alpha. He pretended in front of everyone how he except and only wanted the best for the omega. But the omega knew he was only pretending to like him for one thing. A pup. But what the beta did not know. The alpha knows how he treats his omega. The alpha knows that's he is pretending, and many times, he wishes to take his omega away from all these people.

The alpha had talked many times to his uncle and brother on how his omega were being treated by everyone in the sect, but they did not pay him any mind. He asked them. If he respects the beta, why can't the same courtesy not be extended to his mate. Only to be told that his mate does not deserve their courtesy. He is only here to produce an heir and nothing else. The alpha was hurt and angry by those words. His own family.

The alpha wanted to cry when he saw how much his mate had changed during the year that they had been married. He has lost weight. The light in his eyes had dim, and his laughter sounded more force than natural. The pressure from his family and sect had finally got to his mate. So he decided to take him to the market down the mountain. It will not be a solution, but maybe just for one day, his mate could be happy and feeling free.