✨️Do Your Duty✨️

As days turned into weeks and weeks turned into months, and there were still no signs or words from the second young master lan and his mate Wei Wuxian people, people started to fear the worst. Maybe they went on a night hunt and got severely hurt and succumbed to their injuries. Many thought. What else could it be?. How is it even possible that no one had seen them or heard from them for such a long time. Many of the sects who helped the Lan sect with the search for the two young masters called their disciples back to their sects. If they did not find them yet, maybe they never will.

Soon afterward. The Lan sect also stopped their search but held back on sending out a death notice. Maybe the sect leader still held hope out that his brother would be found alive or return out of his own accord to the sect. Things slowly return to normal within the Lan sect if you could call it that because even though the two were nowhere to be found. One thing still remains. The Lan clan needs an heir, and that topic is always the discussion during clan meetings.

There was one elder. One of the eldest elders of the Lan sect who was glad that the young masters were not found during the initial search. She had prayed every day to every god, asking them not to let them be found. She was also the only one among the very few in the sect who actually liked Wei Wuxian. She was also the only one among the few who had spoken out about how the young omega were being treated in the sect. But their voices were few and quickly silence amongst the many. She was also amongst the few who were against the sect leader mating with the Jin beta expressing that it is the sect leaders duty as the alpha of the sect to produce an heir and not the second young master lan but even those words fell on deaf ears.

So today, she will make sure that her voice is heard. That they would listen. And listen, they would because she is about to turn the sect leader and his mates life upside down with what she is about to propose. She sat in her usual spot while they waited for the sect leader, his mate, and Lan Qiren to arrive. She casually looked around the hall at the other elders, and she could not help but feel anger well up inside her at some of them. How have they used the rules to suppress the weak and use it for their own selfish reasons. Not only them but also Lan Qiren and Lan Xichen.

Soon, approaching footsteps could be heard, and walking through the doors was Lan Qiren, the sect and his mate. They walked to the front of the room and bowed before taking their seats. Elder Lan Ling waited patiently as the discussions went around. She was in no hurry. She also had already, over the course of this month, started to spread seeds and saw it take root in many more than she had thought.

"Is there anything else that we need to discuss, or can I close this meeting esteem elders."

The sect leader asked, and elder Lan Ling stood up gracefully and bow politely towards the sect leader.

"Sect Leader Lan, this one has something she would like to address if sect leader Lan would allow it."

She spoke in a soft voice. Sect Leader Lan nodded his head, indicating for her to go ahead.

"Thank you, sect leader Lan."

Elder Lan Ling said as she gave another bow before she lifted her head and squared her shoulders.

"As sect leader Lan and the elders know. The two young masters have been missing for a long time now, and we can assume that they won't be found after so long. And see as the Lan sect and clan are the only sect still without a heir. I propose that you, as sect leader and alpha, step up and do your duty."

Sect leader Lan looked at the elder and then the other elders before he turned his head towards his mate and uncle. He did not know what to say, for he did not expect it. Some of the other elders immediately started to nod their heads in agreement.

From The Ashes Of The Past We Will Rise On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara