✨️ To Let Go Off The Past ✨️

Lan Zhan awoke his normal hour at five in the morning. He lay in bed, looking down at the birds nest of black hair. He listens to the light snoring of his mate where his face is lying on his chest. Lan Zhan's arm protectively circled around Wei Ying's waist. His other hand, he placed softly on the round belly of Wei Ying. He still found it hard to believe that his mate is carrying their pup. That the little one was there all along. Hiding itself for the last five months.

Lan Zhan closed his eyes and used his spiritual energy to flow through his hand and weaved it towards the little pup inside his mate. A protectiveness took hold of him as the pup welcomed his energy, and at that , warmness and love spread through his heart and soul when he felt his pups heartbeat. He slowly started to retract his spiritual energy as a small smile grazed his lips. They are alive. They are safe. They will be loved more than they could ever know.

He slowly and carefully pulled his arm out from under his mates head and body. A small complaining whimper left his mates mouth, and he took his cushion and scent it throughly before placing it in his mates arms. Wei Ying clung to the cushion and at the same time inhales the scent of his alpha before sighing contently and continued to sleep. Lan Zhan swung his legs off the bed and stood up. He gave his mate one last look before he went to get ready for the day. During it all, he tried hard not to think about everything that was revealed.

Dressing himself, he looked at the simple offish white cotton pants and shirt. It will get some time to get used to. Growing up dressing in layers and layers of robes. But he has to admit that the clothing is very comfortable. His eyes fell on the gusulan robes hanging in the back of the closet, and anger took hold in his heart towards the ones he once called family. His hand shot out, and he took it. Turning towards Wei Ying's closet, he opened it and took his white gusulan robes as well.

His eyes caught the quakin bag sitting on the low table, and he took a step towards it. Looking through it, he found what he was looking for, not forgetting to take his forehead ribbons as well. He made his way towards the back door and into the backyard. He searched the yard until he found a perfect patch of empty ground and sand. He walked over with determined steps. His face set in determination with what he was about to do.

Something he never thought of doing before. Something he never thought he would ever do. But if they were about to start a new chapter in their lives and intend to move forward, then this would be the first start. He would've loved to have Wei Ying by his side when he did this, but he would never think of waking his mate up. He would rather do this on his own. His way of breaking the link and fillial with the sect and family. He let the robes fall to the ground as he looked at the forehead ribbon in his hand. Willing his mind not to think back to the day he first received it.

It's of no importance anymore. He let it fall on top of the robes before he lit the fire talismans and let it fall on top of the forehead ribbons and robes. He patiently waited for it to catch fire. As the robes slowly started to burn a sadness wells up inside him but he refused to let it overcome him and pushed it down. Tears and sadness are not needed. Not after what has been done. He felt a presence behind him, and without turning around, he already knew who it was.

"Lan Zhan, what are you doing?."

Wei Ying's voice softly drifted towards him. Without turning around or looking at his mate, he said.

"It needed to be done. We don't need any reminders or ties binding us to them anymore."

His mates hand held his as he came to stand next to him. Both their eyes glued to burning robes.

"Mmmm."

Wei Ying agrees as they stand in utter silence, watching black smoke drift up into the air. They stood there until the last embers died down, and then Lan Zhan buried the burned cloth. That's how it should be. Their past dead and buried forever. Lan Zhan took Wei Ying's hand and silently led him back into the house.

Aunty Lucy, the aunties, and Ava watch from afar as the black smoke drifted up in the air. As a seer, she had seen many people's future and past, and she had helped them all. Many had ended in happiness, and there were many that ended in tragedy. There were many she could prevent and end up the way their future predicted. But there were also many that fate could not change. For these two, however, there will be no tragic ending. They were fated to meet no matter the circumstances. They were always meant to be.

Lan Zhan led Wei Ying towards the living area before he pulled out a chair and made him sit. He walked in the direction of the kitchen and started on breakfast for them both. The silence between them were not awkward or unsettling. Instead, it was peaceful and welcoming. Wei Ying's eyes followed his alpha, where he was busy as his hands were protectively and lovingly rested on his round pregnant belly. His still so afraid that this is all a dream and that he will wake up and find himself in the cloud recess, a place he could never call home and people he could never call family and it goes for the Jiang as well.

Lan Zhan came back into the living area carrying a tray. He placed it on the table in front of the two of them. He made congee and some steam buns and vegetables with a pot of tea. He took it off the tray and placed Wei Ying's portions before him before he took his own. They ate in silence. Looking up from time to time, making sure that Wei Ying eat everything that Lan Zhan had placed before him. Once they were done, Lan Zhan took their dirty plates and walked back towards the kitchen, where he cleaned it and put it away before he returned to his mates side.

"Lan Zhan?."

Wei Ying asked as he looked into Lan Zhan's eyes.

"Wei Ying, we will start anew. Not only for us but for these little ones growing inside you. We will grow stronger and wiser together. So if we face them again one day. We will do it together. But for now, we heal. We bond like we should have done. We learn to become one in heart and soul. Wei Ying, we have lost so much knowingly and unknowingly."

Both their eyes glim with tears.

"Lan Zhan, I am willing to do this with you."

Wei Ying said as he looked from his mate to his rounded belly, and Lan Zhan's eyes followed his, and he laid his hand on top of Wei Ying's, where it rested on his belly.

"For our boaboa. We will grow stronger, and if we should return one day, then we will face them together."

Wei Ying said softly, and Lan Zhan took his hands away from Wei Ying's belly and stood up. Stretching out his hands, Wei Ying put his in Lan Zhan's, who gently pulled him up and into his embrace.

"Together."

Lan Zhan said as he placed a soft kiss on Wei Ying's fore head.Wei Ying's arms snake around Lan Zhan's waist as he laid his head on his chest. They stood like that in each others embrace for some time before they broke apart, and Lan Zhan led him back into their bedroom.

Today, mark the day that even though he carries the Lan name, he is not a part of that family anymore. From this day forward, he will carry the Lan name in honor of his ancestors, his father, and his mother. His only family now only exist of Wei Ying and their pups. He will protect them from any danger, and he will love them with every fiber in his body. He will become the husband,father and alpha Wei Ying and his pups deserved. He silently made this promise to himself.

Wei Ying will not have to live in fear and worry ever again, nor will he have to listen to others' hateful and hurtful words slurred at him in his face or behind his back. Wei Ying deserved all the happiness and love, and he intended to give him just that.