➤ another one

𝐌𝐈𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐄𝐋 𝐒𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐄𝐃 a long, airy breath when he saw who entered his room. "How are you feeling this morning, Michael?" Arnim Zola asked with a smile, but it wasn't a friendly one.

"Okay," Michael replied, closing his eyes as Zola approached him with a long but thin needle. He whined slightly once it punctured his skin, extracting his dark red blood.

"Good, good," The scientist proclaimed. "No nightmares, hm?"

"None," he lied through his teeth, but how could he tell the truth when he knew all the man would do was experiment on him?

"I must say, Michael, you have grown much greater than that small boy you used to be. I'm impressed." Zola commended, reading some charts he had of the brunet. "Your powers are out of this world, yet you still lack the ability to take control of them."

"You always say that," Michael rolled his eyes and exited the bed. They had long stopped strapping him down after Zola successfully brainwashed the boy into thinking there was no reason for him to leave.

"I wonder how well you would do with the power of the Tesseract..." Zola thought out loud, causing Michael to turn to him in fear. "Please, no more tests...I just got done with one a while ago."

Zola chuckled, patting the boy on his back. "There will be no test," Michael sighed contentedly. "At least for right now." Zola finished, and Michael tensed all the way back up.

Before another word could be spoken, a loud knock was heard, and one of HYDRA's soldiers waltzed in with news. "Sir, the super soldier serum and test subject are ready."

"Thank you," Zola dismissed them with a nod while Michael's eyes widened. "Super soldier serum?"

"A serum designed to enhance a person's physical and mental attributes to their peak potential," Zola explained while cleaning up his small mess.

Michael was taken aback by the information while walking up to the scientist, preparing to leave. "And test subject? Don't tell me there's another one like me."

"Did you think you were the only one? You're simply just the best out of them all." Zola turned on his heels and strutted out of the room. "I'll be back to check on you later."

Michael stared at him in disbelief. That look never left his face until he was sure Zola was utterly gone and heard the door lock.

With a sly smile, the brunet whipped out the keys he secretly had grabbed from the scientists' lab coat. Thanks to him being scrutinizing around Zola, he could see the extra pair of keys.

He usually wouldn't pull something like this, but curiosity got the best of him. He wanted to see these 'test subjects' with his own eyes. But like they always say, curiosity killed the cat.

NEXT CHAPTER: TEST SUBJECT

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

i dont like this chap. its so poorly written and short 😭😭

AND unedited