➤ test subject

𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐀𝐈𝐓𝐄𝐃 a good 15 minutes before unlocking the door from the inside. Michael carefully tiptoed out of the room, but not before peeking his head out and looking left, suitable for any guards.

Though he had no idea where he was going exactly, he still walked with an ounce of confidence and even managed to find the room Zola had gone off into.

"Welcome, Sergeant James Barnes." Zola smiled eerily at the man strapped securely to a table, but James refused to look him in the eyes. Well, I say we should start on our first experiment."

Zola went to a small desk where numerous tools were laid out. James looked at them nervously and began flailing uncontrollably where he resided. Zola grinned widely, showcasing his teeth, and went to close the thick door.

Michael had to close his eyes once the screams began. He felt sorry for him. Especially when he realized how long Zola had been tormenting him. It was going on for 2 hours now.

Soon, though, the screaming ceased. Michael hurriedly went to find a hiding place. A little while later, he saw Zola walk out with a stack of papers in hand. He turned around to lock the door and then finally walked away.

Michael sighed in relief. If he was ever to be caught, he didn't want to even think of what would happen to him.

With a quick prayer, Michael emerged from his spot, walked towards the door Zola had left from, and stuck the key in. Surprisingly, it fit and successfully unlocked.

Michael's breath hitched. This was it. There was no backing out of this one now.

He walked into the room and gasped softly at the sight. The man being imprisoned was bloody, bruised, and still groaning in pain.

"My god," Michael continued walking to him. "This looks bad..."

The male glared at whoever was talking to him, but because of his swollen eyes, it didn't look like he was. "Who the hell are you?"

"Uhm...Michael Allen." He spoke with uncertainty. "What do you work for him or something?" The other closed his eyes from pain. Michael awkwardly chuckled at this. "Quite the opposite...we're in the same position, me and you."

The man scoffed. "Sure doesn't look like it." Michael rubbed the back of his neck. Well, I may have stolen this," he said, holding up Zola's keys. And, I, uhm, have this." He raised his shirt up a bit, revealing a nasty mark branded on his skin.

The male wanted to gag but decided against it. "Then you can help me leave, right?" he asked with slight hope.

"Sorry, I don't know how..." Michael answered sheepishly. "And anyway, I've never really thought about leaving."

"You're insane, dude."

Michael shrugged his shoulders and began walking away. "Well, I guess I should leave before I get caught."

"You're leaving...?" The male didn't even realize he was feeling downcast. "You're just going back and let them do whatever they want to you?" He was getting enraged by the second.

Michael's face beamed with sorrow, and something hit the other male in the chest hard. "What else can I do?" He reached for the doorknob but stopped when the man spoke again. Bucky."

"Bucky?"

"Call me Bucky."

NEXT CHAPTER: SAVED

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

im not the best with dialogue ik 💀