➤ the start of something

𝐓𝐈𝐌𝐄 𝐏𝐀𝐒𝐒𝐄𝐃 and Michael was getting very used to living with the Americans. He especially loved how welcome Peggy Carter made him feel. He looked up to the woman, and she showed him nothing but love.

It took some time for Colonel Phillips to warm up to Michael. He didn't necessarily like bringing in a prisoner from a HYDRA base who wasn't an American, but eventually, he learned to accept it.

His relationship with Bucky and Steve prospered. Steve quickly grew attached to the brunette, and Bucky, who already liked him, could tell a mile away.

Michael cherished his new friends and lifestyle. He was no longer brainwashed by the people who took everything from him.

══════════════《 ⚡ 》══════════════

        𝐁𝐔𝐂𝐊𝐘 𝐋𝐀𝐔𝐆𝐇𝐄𝐃 out loud at Michael, who laid his head on the table with droopy eyes. "Don't tell me you don't know how to handle your liquor?"

"Shut up, Buck," Michael angrily glared. "You're giving me a headache."

"Sorry, Sorry," Bucky raised his hands in defense with a last chuckle. At the same time, Steve Rogers walked in with a smile. Bucky returned the action and took a sip of his drink. "See? I told you. They're all idiots."

Steve sat down beside Michael and patted his back. "How about you? Are you ready to follow Captain America into the jaws of death?"

"Hell, no," He immediately replied. "That little guy from Brooklyn who was too dumb not to run away from a fight. I'm following him."

Steve nodded, suppressing a small smile from forming, and patted Michael's back again. "And you, Mike?"

"Hm? What about me?" Michael raised his head and blinked a few times. "You know you don't have to fight with us," Steve assured him. "I know how much they hurt you, and I don't want anything bad to happen to you."

Michael only smiled at this. "I'm fine, Steve. I appreciate your concern, but I'd still be there if it wasn't for you. The least I can do is help you guys take them down."

Steve and Bucky couldn't help but chuckle at him. Steve's hand reached for Mike's head and ruffled it up.

"But you're keeping the outfit, right?" Bucky asked Steve. The latter sighed and focused on the poster that showed his 'Captain America, canceled tour.' "You know what? It's kind of growing on me."

Michael continued to enjoy the evening with his two friends until a beautiful woman in a stunning red dress approached them. Mike shot up from his seat and gave her a huge hug.

"Oh, Mike," She giggled and embraced the boy. "Don't you look handsome? Are you two boys taking good care of him?" She glanced at Bucky and Steve. "Yes, ma'am." The two nodded quickly.

"Howard has some equipment for you to try," Peggy informed Steve. "Tomorrow morning?"

"Sounds good."

"I see your top squad is prepping for duty."

"You don't like music?" Bucky questioned with his charming smile. "I do, actually. I might even, when this is all over, go dancing."

"Then what are we waiting for?" Bucky asked. "The right partner." She answered, staring at Steve. "0800, Captain."

"Yes, ma'am. I'll be there." Steve answered while she walked away. "I'm invisible." Bucky scoffed. "I'm turning into you. It's like a horrible dream."

"Don't take it so hard. Maybe she's got a friend." Bucky rolled his eyes and grabbed Michael, pulling him into his chest. "Nah, it's cool. I have Mike, anyways."

Steve stopped to stare at the two. He didn't realize a new feeling was bubbling inside him. A feeling he wasn't quite familiar with and didn't particularly enjoy.

NEXT CHAPTER: WAR

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

now , how am i supposed to write steve as a love interest😭