➤ saved

𝐀 𝐌𝐎𝐍𝐓𝐇 passed since Bucky was first brought in as an experiment, and it's been hell. The only thing he could say he loved was the small visits from Michael at the end of the day.

Michael noticed how Bucky's attitude towards him drastically changed as time went by. His usual cold and unaccommodating demeanor altered into something much more pleasant.

The two shared their pain and how objectified they had become, not realizing how their feelings for each other had grown.

However, one day, Zola finally caught onto him. When he found out what the two had been doing, he held no remorse for them while punishing them. Schmidt made sure Zola gave them a lesson that they would always remember.

That day, Bucky Barnes received the super soldier serum, and Michael Allen's power was tested to the limit.

══════════════《 ⚡ 》══════════════

        𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐕𝐄 𝐑𝐎𝐆𝐄𝐑𝐒 darted down a hall in the HYDRA base he snuck into. After successfully breaking out a handful of prisoners, he was on his way to rescue his best friend, James Buchanan Barnes.

While running, he encountered a man holding a lot of stuff who had rushed out of a particular room. They both stopped to stare at each other for a while before the other ran away out of panic.

Steve, now intrigued, sprinted to the room the man had come out of. He walked in with ease and caution, but once he saw who was inside, he relaxed and flew to him.

"Sergeant. Three-two-five-five-seven," Bucky groaned with closed eyes. "Bucky?" Steve questioned, and the other's eyes immediately snapped open. "Oh, my god."

Steve looked for the end of the straps containing his friend and broke them apart. Meanwhile, Bucky continued to stare with wide, shocked eyes. He couldn't believe he was there.

"It's me. It's Steve." The male clarified as if sensing Bucky's uncertainty with a smile. "Steve?" Bucky softly scoffed in delight.

"Come on." Steve helped his friend up, his eyes visibly softening. "I thought you were dead." Bucky eyed him up and down. "I thought you were smaller."

Steve shook his head with a smile. "Come on."

"What happened to you?" Bucky asked, still not believing his skinny friend was now more built than him. "I joined the army," Steve replied, guiding them out of the room.

"Did it hurt?"

"A little."

"Is this permanent?"

"So far."

"Wait, if we're leaving," Bucky came to a halt, stopping Steve in the process. "There's someone we need to get first."

"Who?"

══════════════《 ⚡ 》══════════════

        𝐈𝐓 𝐓𝐎𝐎𝐊 Bucky a while to find the right room since he had no idea where he was going. But once he did, he banged on the door in anticipation. "Mike! It's Bucky!"

"Bucky?!" Michael ran to the door and put his face to it. "How are you ou- Actually, I don't care! Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine!" Steve shot Bucky a glance, but the other just nodded. "U-Uhm, look. I'm going to bust you out of here, just like I promised, alright?"

"Bust me out?" Michael repeated. "Why?"

"God damnit, Mike. You're being brainwashed! Just trust me! You do trust me, right?" Michael was quiet, making Bucky panic. "Right?!"

"I do! But...I don't have the key anymore, you know that...I can't leave, even if I wanted to." Bucky sighed in frustration, angrily running a hand through his hair and letting go of Steve. "Fuck."

Steve raised a brow and approached Bucky. "Who is that?" Bucky was silent for a moment before speaking. "He's my friend."

Steve looked at Bucky and back at the door. He didn't know who was behind it, but he would do something about it if this person meant this much to his friend.

Walking back to the metal obstacle, Steve balled his hand into a fist and took a deep breath. He yelled and punched through the door, bringing it down to the ground.

Michael stood on the other side with widened eyes. "Uh, it's a good thing I backed up before this happened—" he chuckled awkwardly, strolling out of the room.

"Right, I'm sorry," Steve shyly apologized. "Uhm, Steve Rogers." He held out his hand, and Michael shook it. "Michael Allen, thanks."

Before Steve could respond, Bucky enveloped Michael in a hug. "I've missed you too, Buck." Michael patted the male's back with a smile.

"Let's get out of here," Bucky whispered in his ear.

NEXT CHAPTER: FRESH START

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

AHHAHH MY WRITING SUCKS
I DONT EVEN WANNA READ THIS