Chapter One

Flowers are so intricate and unique. Each one has something different about it. Whether it's a wilted petal or a particle of pollen misplaced. They're all uniquely unique. Just like me. Though I am a different type of different. In a world of stars, I am an asteroid. Crashing through and constantly being avoided.

    Now. I say different not because I'm weird or lonely or even medically different. I am only a twenty-year-old girl. Perhaps it's how the mind ages faster than the body. I can say though I am not a very interesting person, my future has much more to say than my past or present. No one knows what my future may hold except for myself and I.

    You see, you read this with a young mind, not realizing this book can be very entertaining once you get into it. Your mind just has to age with mine, whether it's going back or forward or staying parked in place.

    I say 'parked in place' because saying 'in the same place' or 'right in place' is boring. No one wants to read a boring book here this year at this time of day at this minute. I know me rambling on about these random of randomous topics can be very boring if you don't pay attention to how the words dance across the page. Let your mind watch as this story plays out right in front of you.

Chapter One

    He called my name, my single sole name. My name, stolen from a very fine beautiful innocent flower. Daisy.

    "Daisy, come meet my buddy Coal," he said.

    I barely, at all, ever spoke. Even if I was trying to have a very complete constant captivated conversation. People get annoyingly annoyed by this. Especially for how deeply I describe things. It can be very vital and valuable in some virtue.

    "Coming," I mumbled. I walked over to Kade to meet this wonderful welcoming, warm person. A man my age with a charming smile. His suit, fierce and fitting, added to his tall structure.

    "Hello, Miss Belle, it's a pleasure to meet you," Coal whispered.

    His voice was quite compelling and carefree.

    "The pleasure is mine," I murmured.

    Kade made up for my ignorant introduction. "She doesn't speak much for she becomes a bore."

    Coal smiled. "Just so happens that I love to listen." He kindly gestured for me to go on talking.

    I could not at all, ever talk. I've been shamed for it since I was a loving little child. I've been told women should be seen and in most times not heard unless invited to tea.

    He smirked. "I guess I'll do the talking at first then."

    I stared down at the ground. I've never met a person of such integrity and persistence like this. I was sure I was blushing, he had this kind of undescribed effect on me.

    "Perhaps we should go to tea sometimes?" Coal whispered.

    Kade nodded. "She's free until this afternoon, I'm sure she would love to right now. Only if you're available of course."

    I opened my mouth to say something but then caught myself. I was going to stay as quiet as a mouse and as loud as silence. So what if Kade invited me to tasteless tea? He was always looking for a way for me to find a man so I wouldn't be alone. Women who lived alone were deeply and unlambently looked down on. Yes, I just made up a word, a word that means an unlightly glowing way. If that makes any sensational sincere sense.

    "Daisy?" Kade asked.

    My head snapped up in a stutteringly ungraceful way. "Hm?"

    "He asked if you would mind having tea with him."

    "Oh. Um sure, sure." I breathed. I always filled the space with doubling words so I wouldn't start rambling again.

    "Okay then, I'll pick you up around noon, on the dot," Kade explained.

    I deeply dislike doing this. Every time I went to tea the men expected me to sit there and politely make small talk. Do I seem like the type of person to do such a ladylike proper, time-consuming thing?

    I looked up to see the man of great personality and charmful smile holding out his arm for me to take. Kade was already gone. Looks like I am all alone. Again.

    I politely and as lady-like as I could took his arm in my hand. He began walking me from the train station to a carriage.

    "Since you don't plan on doing all of the talking I guess I will, for now," he quietly told me. I nodded in agreement. "I grew up on the country side of town, worked on a farm until the age of sixteen when I became an editor for the local newspaper."

    "Young," I whispered. I had gotten better at limiting myself to speaking very few wonderful words.

    "Yes, I was from one of the poorer families," he said. "I'd love to hear you talk now."

    I sighed and looked at him, stopping in my steps. "Fine. Only because I know after today you'll be so endlessly annoyed that you'll never ever, not once want to see me again."

    "Ah, she speaks," he chuckled. "Don't worry, I'm sure you'll be seeing a lot more of me since I'll be staying right next door."

    "Where?"

    "At Kades house, I heard you two are neighbors," Coal explained. "He's told me lots about you."

    "Well I certainly hope they're all perfectly good things. Kade has lots of stories about me, some not as good as the others."

    Coal smirked as we turned onto a dirt walkway in the countryside. "I've heard stories, nothing bad of course. You're not that bad when you talk, you know."

    "I limit myself. I used to get punished for talking so much with so many words," I mumbled. I wasn't minding his company after all. I felt he was one of the real ones, I didn't meet many like this. The only other person who was like this was my best friend, Lily, who passed this winter just a couple short months ago.

-------------------

Have a great day!!
Thanks for making it this far<3